Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djfu3l3r
  1.    #1  
    so I want to download a song from from this website and it doesnt give me an option to download the file it just opens it from the music app and streams the song. I want to be able to download it directly to my touchpad. Is there a way?
    Itt depends on the link. Try holding your finger on the link for a moment to see if it gives you a menu.
    If you feel like going old school you can download FileCoaster
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I'd recommend that you stay away from filecoaster.
  5.    #5  
    like on my Pre when I click the same link it asks me if I want to stream it or download it. I tapped and held the link and brings up a menu but no option to download. Very frustrating.
    Grab download manager in the AppCat, It's the only solution i have found, just copy and paste your link, and it should work, although, i have had issues with pasting into mojo apps, so you may have to type it out.
  7.    #7  
    does it work with .rar files
    It should be able to download but not unpack
    as said in the unzipping thread, you could possible use the terminal to download a needed file is there is a terminal app for the TouchPad.
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    as said in the unzipping thread, you could possible use the terminal to download a needed file is there is a terminal app for the TouchPad.

At this time there is no Terminal app for the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyo View Post
    At this time there is no Terminal app for the Touchpad.
    Double Frowny Face
    - John Wayne
  12.    #12  
    I downloaded download manager but there is no way to paste into that app cuz it uses meta tap plus v
    next_milenium likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    I downloaded download manager but there is no way to paste into that app cuz it uses meta tap plus v
    You have to enter the url manually, which is a pain, but it works for the most part.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyo View Post
    Grab download manager in the AppCat, It's the only solution i have found, just copy and paste your link, and it should work, although, i have had issues with pasting into mojo apps, so you may have to type it out.
    it doesnt work at all with the Touchpad. Pasting is very simple, just hold down the url link in download manager but all links do not open or stream only. Beemp3.com does not work at all. Anyone actually have a touchpad and can confirm sites that DO work? Even the BB playbook could directly download from websites, so this is disappointing
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I guess you have to wait for the patch (I don't remember its name) which works great for the pre.

Be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil71 View Post

Be patient.
    anyone who waited and bought a touchpad is patient.