1.    #1  
    I was using my Nexus S 4G to download these files from my summer course via the school website and had no problems. But its been a pain in the **** to get these files to open up in my TP. I get an error message for all of them. I love my TP and webOS I wish they could make downloaded files from the internet work like Android does. Even trying to save .mp4 files of my lectures from the site is a pain.
    same problem. No workaroumd that ive found yet
    That's what I found too.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    How about manually transferred pdfs/docs? Do these open error-free?
    I can download and open files from open sites, but cannot download them from a few login sites (my school at strayer being the biggie) contacted hp 3 times too with no luck
    Is it a PDF issue or a problem because the site requires you to login? If you take the same PDF and move to an open site does it work?

Can you provide sample PDF's that don't work so that it can be tested internally?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    my problem wasnt with the pdf per se, but with downloading them (or word or powerpoint).

oddly enough the site had sample files to test browser compatibility that downloaded fine... But the actual files I wanted would hang when I tried to download them.

the download pane opens showing the file with an icon for it and a button that says download. If you tap the download button a status bar flashes for a split instant, and the download button comes back. The icon next to the file for pdf or word or whatever also changes to a gray square with a down arrow in it. yi can repeat as many times as I want with no change (and restarting doesnt help...tech chat made me do it three times now)

kind of sucks, I have had a couple other link on that site (strayer.edu) that dont work on here. The only site that I HAVE to use :-(
    when dowmloading a file from an open site, it pops up in the download window shows a status bar which then changes to a button to open the file. Have no problem getting those files with my laptop
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    How about manually transferred pdfs/docs? Do these open error-free?
    I havent tried that yet but I will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pbecot01 View Post
    when dowmloading a file from an open site, it pops up in the download window shows a status bar which then changes to a button to open the file. Have no problem getting those files with my laptop
    yes this happens to me to but if you actually connect your touchpad to a computer and browse in usb mode it should of downloaded. Its weird because it doesnt look like it downloads but it does.
    same problem here with my university of Central florida account. Just tried to download syllabus in .doc format and had same symptoms as reported above. UCF also uses a web video system called tegrity. When I try to download video I get a browser error about unknown mime type . Of course the ipad would have a tegrity app so I find myself having to sheepishly borrow my wifes ipad all the time to do coursework after I just told her how great this touchpad was and why I just had to have it for school
    I've downloaded pdf's from box.net just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbee View Post
    same problem here with my university of Central florida account. Just tried to download syllabus in .doc format and had same symptoms as reported above. UCF also uses a web video system called tegrity. When I try to download video I get a browser error about unknown mime type . Of course the ipad would have a tegrity app so I find myself having to sheepishly borrow my wifes ipad all the time to do coursework after I just told her how great this touchpad was and why I just had to have it for school
    what happens when you open quickoffice? Does it list the files you downloaded with the browser?
  13.    #13  
    So I download the files onto my computer via my schools website and then transferred over the files by connecting my TP to my computer. This also didnt work for me, I still got an error message.
    mine does not list them in quickoffice... Have to admit I did not try usb mode