Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By anthony81586
  • 1 Post By bevcraw
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
  1.    #1  
    Overall I'm very satisfied with the TP. I sold my iphone 4 and ipad 1 to buy a Veer and TP...and I do not regret that decision one bit. But, one major thing I used my ipad for (besides NetFlix) was an eReader. I have a fairly extensive Nook account that seems moot at this point...very disappointing. I know it's only a matter of time. I cant even find an app that read .pdb files, since you cannot DL them from B&N as .epub.

Anyone in the same boat?
    gzinkl likes this.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post
    Overall I'm very satisfied with the TP. I sold my iphone 4 and ipad 1 to buy a Veer and TP...and I do not regret that decision one bit. But, one major thing I used my ipad for (besides NetFlix) was an eReader. I have a fairly extensive Nook account that seems moot at this point...very disappointing. I know it's only a matter of time. I cant even find an app that read .pdb files, since you cannot DL them from B&N as .epub.

Anyone in the same boat?
    I wish the Kindle app would have been ready at launch but I'm not going to be reading on the device. A Kindle or Nook are still much better for reading than any of the tablets but I completely see your point. What you might want to do is contact Barns & Noble and ask them to release a Nook reader for webOS.
    I am guessing that the Kindle app will be available very soon. But I would prefer a Nook app myself. I have hundreds of ePubs. Contacting Barnes & Noble is a good suggestion.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    still unexplainable why HP didnt have Kindle ready for launch... tsk tsk tsk
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    I think it had something to do with the hardware acceleration. The page turning effects probably were extremely laggy so they held off on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    still unexplainable why HP didnt have Kindle ready for launch... tsk tsk tsk
    Actually quite explainable. It wasn't ready.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Actually quite explainable. It wasn't ready.
    Thankfully HP waited and hopefully they're using this time to workout the rough spots. We are all very excited about what Kindle app means to the TouchPad, but would be even better is if HP extended Synergy and made an honest effort to having Kindle, Nook, ePub, yet all the eReader standards available on webOS.

Kindle is very popular, but Nook has made major strides with their Nook Color tablets (my wife owns one) and we'd love the opportunity this and other ePub standards would provide. Looking forward to when it is ready. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Thankfully HP waited and hopefully they're using this time to workout the rough spots. We are all very excited about what Kindle app means to the TouchPad, but would be even better is if HP extended Synergy and made an honest effort to having Kindle, Nook, ePub, yet all the eReader standards available on webOS.

Kindle is very popular, but Nook has made major strides with their Nook Color tablets (my wife owns one) and we'd love the opportunity this and other ePub standards would provide. Looking forward to when it is ready. Sorli...
    I think you (we, everyone) will see this is only the beginning of what HP has to offer when it comes to making a statement with the TouchPad.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9.    #9  
    yea I had a nook before my ipad, and I do a lot of nightime reading. So while the nook was nice the argument of eye straining on an LCD screen was moot for me. I hardly read in well lit conditions and never had my eyes strain.

the nook app would be awesome or the synergy idea is an amazing one. I still don't see why kindle became so popular. It has less books than b&n and is proprietary, which were the two main selling points for me. Anyways, we can save that for another thread lol.

thanks for the responses! I'm going to write b&n an email today and I'll post the generic response.
    I'm in the same boat. I was looking forward to the Kindle app they said would be here day 1.

use Calibre on your pc to convert your .pdb files to .pdf for now. This is some great software!

calibre - E-book management

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony81586 View Post

Anyone in the same boat?
    Why care that the Kindle app would have been ready if you are not using this device to read? That's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    I wish the Kindle app would have been ready at launch but I'm not going to be reading on the device.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Will the Kindle app work worldwide or only with USA amazon accounts, as I have read somewhere?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I was looking forward to the Kindle app they said would be here day 1.

use Calibre on your pc to convert your .pdb files to .pdf for now. This is some great software!

[url= - E-book management[/url]
    awesome! Thanks! I have to look again, but I think the epub reader apps I saw on the catalogue weren't optimized for the TP.