Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1.    #1  
    at Best Buy today, I decided to get the iPad2 and the Pre3.

I love my Pre minus and can't wait to get the Pre3.
    For the same $599 I rather have the iPad2 and take advantage of its vast app selection and solid feel to use it at home.

Not a troll, and love WebOS ( just think the TP isn't ready yet )
    No need to rationalize the purchase of the ipad. It's obviously the best tablet on the market. I just wish iOS was as much a pleasure to use as webOS.
    I spend money on worthy underdogs too :-)
    dec and etx like this.
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Apps are good to have but there were very few of them on my Ipad that I actually used regularly. I spent most of my time on the web - not apps. Maybe it's just me but I would download an app, check it out a few times and then not use it much. Flipboard and Netflix are the only Ipad apps that I used regularly.
    edrompa likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post

For the same $599 I rather have the iPad2 and take advantage of its vast app selection and solid feel to use it at home.

I wish more people would take the time to actually look at ALL tablets like you have. So thank you for taking a look at both and choosing one that fits with what you desire!

-Toaster
    tlaz likes this.
    Certainly. To each his own. For $500-$600, its no small decision. However, for me, the usability of webOS - heck, the multitasking alone, is worth it to stay with the Touchpad. I really don't see how the iPad has been so successful without the ability to multitask. It's a mystery to me. That would drive me insane. Also, with webOS you get the best homebrew community in the world and if they can do half as much to my Touchpad as they did with my Pre- then the decision was one of the easiest I've ever made, really. The Touchpad in its current form is beta and downright broken in a few areas but I love an ecosystem where one product can continually improve from week to week. It's like getting a new toy all over again.
    popologuy and toy4x4 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    Apps are good to have but there were very few of them on my Ipad that I actually used regularly. I spent most of my time on the web - not apps. Maybe it's just me but I would download an app, check it out a few times and then not use it much. Flipboard and Netflix are the only Ipad apps that I used regularly.
    I've been thinking about what I would use a tablet for if I had one. Watching Netflix is high on the list. (Internet maps are another. General internet browsing is up there, too.) I think it's very sad for the Touchpad that it was released without a Netflix app.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I've been thinking about what I would use a tablet for if I had one. Watching Netflix is high on the list. (Internet maps are another. General internet browsing is up there, too.) I think it's very sad for the Touchpad that it was released without a Netflix app.
    I agree. I never thought about watching tv/movies on a tablet would be a big deal till I got an iPad1. Now It is the number 1 recreational use for me on the tablet. Has there been ay word on a Netflix app for the TP??
    Not sure you guys noticed that, My TouchPad has much better performance on WiFi than iPad2, though iPad2 is thin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Han2011 View Post
    Not sure you guys noticed that, My TouchPad has much better performance on WiFi than iPad2, though iPad2 is thin...
    What is "wifi performance"?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    kkhanmd likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I spend money on worthy underdogs too :-)
    I do too.. that's why I will definetely get the Pre3.. WebOS is a different world on smartphones.. nothing like it.. but on tablet, i think the iPad is better..

so why not have what is best for home and best as a phone!?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

Can I ask what your productive goal was with this post? To justify why you like one product over the other? Following your same logic, why are you getting the Pre3 instead of the iPhone 5 or 4 which also offer many more apps?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I do too.. that's why I will definetely get the Pre3.. WebOS is a different world on smartphones.. nothing like it.. but on tablet, i think the iPad is better..

so why not have what is best for home and best as a phone!?
    Because the manufacturers are creating an ecosystem right now around their platforms. You're hurting yourself by not jumping all in to the ecosystem. I'm seriously considering jumping to Sprint to get the Nexus S 4G, however because I enjoy webOS so much I want to give HP and developers a chance to start getting some killer apps on the platform but once you dive in you might as well embrace the ecosystem. I have wasted a lot of money owning an iPhone 3G, 4 and the Droid 2 and Droid Incredible by buying the same apps on multiple platforms.
    If he wants products that suit his current needs, that's fine. I got the TP knowing it needs work, but I'm interested in the upcoming ecosystem. Heck, the current apps are more useful than I was expecting and i'm excited for what's to come.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    even without the netflix app, you can view youtube, hulu, amazon Prime. And playon.. All with just the browser..... Its really nice actually... At least till the netflix app releases....=]
    rlopin likes this.

Extensive research shows that most people download only about 10-12 apps per device and use them on a daily basis.

I'm interested in what big applications you feel are missing that you would like to see on the TouchPad that is swaying your decision.

Also I encourage you to look at the most popular apps that are available for the Ipad and you will see we have those same apps on the TouchPad with a few exceptions due to current api support (such as Shazam).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I am going to get the TouchPad and the Pre3 not because of the Synergizing stuff between them but because there just isn't any chemistry between me and iOS. The iPad2 is a great device and same with the iPhone. Just the OS is to single focused and too plain for me. I guess its like those sweet'n'sower candies for WebOS, They are kinda sower at first but then get REALLY sweat! And then its like biting into a piece of bread for iOS, way bland with only one taste but is much more healthy (with alot of calories). The iPad2 just wouldn't last for me
    Last edited by Rennat; 07/05/2011 at 12:22 AM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    kchan283 and rigatoni1374 like this.
    I feel the same way about iOS. After owning an ipod touch for years now, i've had my fill of apple and want something more interesting for my mobile experience.
    Rennat, kchan283 and wheezy like this.
    man I'm probably the only person on this planet that could care less about a netflix app.

I use netflix on my ps3 on a big screen tv. I would not want to sit there and watch it on a tablet. Movies just are not the same.
    kchan283 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    man I'm probably the only person on this planet that could care less about a netflix app.

I use netflix on my ps3 on a big screen tv. I would not want to sit there and watch it on a tablet. Movies just are not the same.
    I don't even use Netflix. I just have a library of a trillion movies I ripped from my DVDs.

-All Seasons of Hawaii five-0
    -All Seasons of A-Team
    -All Seasons of Mission Impossible
    -All Seasons of Perry Mason
    -All Seasons of Hogan's Heroes
    -All Seasons of Six Million Dollar Man
    -All Seasons of Andy Griffith Show
    -All Seasons of Daniel Boone
    -Plus 100 other Title name Theater Shows (all John Waynes )

Lets just say I am going to use the 50 GB of box.net... no need for Netflix
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    phil71, kjb86 and popologuy like this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast