1.    #1  
    I was out at our 4th picnic today and was anxious to show off my Touchpad to my fellow nerd brothers. Something I hadn't noticed before, even with a bit of shade behind you, the TP screen is like a mirror. You can crank up the brightness and see everything on the display just fine, just behind an image of your own face..

Anyone have any ideas on reducing glare? Would a screen protector help?
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    I was out at our 4th picnic today
    Are you sure that wasn't the problem?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    (I believe you and I saw a video elsewhere with same issue, wonder if there is antiglare screen protector)
    That's because display layers aren't fused on the Touchpad, it is cover glass reflects, then screen reflects, too.
    ipad has horrible glare as well. There may be glaze reducing screen covers too.
    Every tablet made today has significant glare. The only option is to add a glare-reducing screen protector or to turn the brightness all they way up and live with it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Are you sure that wasn't the problem?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    (I believe you and I saw a video elsewhere with same issue, wonder if there is antiglare screen protector)
    heh.. No it's a family of teetotallers, if that's what you meant. :-)

It's always a trade-off. The screen is sharp as a tack indoors, but it's hard to view if there's a strong light source nearby.