1.    #1  
    I transferred my palm profile from my launch day pre - and only about 1/4 of the contacts appear on my TouchPad. Profile backup was completed on Friday from the pre- and it appears that most everything else that could, transferred.

Tried re-syncing, deleted facebook and google sync and just have the palm (now HP) profile listed to sync.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    were you're contacts all stored in your palm profile? If so, contact HP. Their support for the touchpad is great.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, I don't know why they wouldn't be saved on my profile. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherman View Post
    Thanks, I don't know why they wouldn't be saved on my profile. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.
    Good luck. I am on the Sprint Pre- 1.4.5 device. Those old versions are notorious for losing contacts in the Palm Profile (not sure if that's changed).

About 3 months after I got my Pre-, the power button failed. I went to get a new one and had read on the forums about how bad the backup quality was. Sure enough, when I logged into my new Pre-, I had zero contacts (same as others who had posted on precentral at that time).

So, right then and there I decided to switch to Google contacts. No more worrying about Palm's "backup" process. I simply sync to Google.

Anyway, hope you get your contacts back.
    Saving your contacts in Google does make them much more portable (and accessible from your PC/Mac).