1.    #1  
    anyone else having this issue; when i'm in landscape the moveable panes are very unresponsive. I often have to put it in portrait to be able to toggle them. This happens in email and photos particularly...beyond that, my snapfish has been loading for hours--though I do have about 500 pictures there. Maybe I should just delete it?
    You are touching directly on the verticle lines icon in the corner of the pane you want to move, correct?

There are two way to move panes; you can drag on the icon, or tap on the icon to move the panes
  3.    #3  
    I am touching the verticle lines icon. I've tried tapping and holding and dragging, and the darn thing doesn't seem to work in portrait--well, it does, but about as often as it doesn't. Haven't seen this as an issue others are having here, so I wonder if it is just my device. If I can't get that piece of the UI to start working more reliably, I'm going to have to return this sucker, as it is quite aggravating. But boy do I love WebOS in this form factor! Worth the wait and the weeks spent pestering my wife for authorization to purchase!