Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    if you turn your touchpad horizontally and speakers are on top. And vol buttons on bottom. You can drag your card from its top to the bottom of the screen. You will hear sling shot crank up and a wheee! As you release card it will be launched. Kind of like an angry bird. Get it? Easter egg > angry birds > birds lay eggs. Hehe
    MatterOfFactJack
    german8401 and S-Doo-1965 like this.
    Just found this on my touchpad, if you are in card view, take an app and slide it to the bottom of the screen and let you finger slide off the screen, it will fling the app off the top of the screen and make angry birds sound effects!

Try it out for yourself!

I don't know if it is a requirement to have angrybirds installed or not though!
    darkassain likes this.
    Nope, you don't need Angry Birds installed for it. The Easter Egg is packaged in webOS. Pretty funny!
    Ya, I was very surprised by it, and then surprised that no one had mentioned it anywhere!
    It was mentioned on PreCentral a while ago :P but funny easter egg!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Only works if the TP is upside down in landscape mode IIRC.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Yep - it was one of the news item posts early in the month. The TPad has to be in landscape position with the speakers facing up for this to happen.

Pretty funny... only thing missing is crashing noise. lol
    I had to show the HP "rep" how to do this at frys a few weeks back. I think she was just a frys employee in an HP polo, clearly wasnt a seasoned HP rep but had received some training, might have been a temp too since this was on a saturday.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    ok I wasn't going crazy I heard it once, and couldn't figure it out. Thought it was some sort of bug or something!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    ok I wasn't going crazy I heard it once, and couldn't figure it out. Thought it was some sort of bug or something!
    haha, I was so surprised when I heard it too, I have been playing with it all day haha I think my wife is starting to get annoyed by that sound lol
    this does have to be one of my favorite features on the touchpad. WEEEEE!
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is a repost. Searched and didn't find. In any case, I love this new "feature" I was unaware of.

Enjoy if you didn't already know about it.
    Ahhhh- it has to be speakers up! Will have to try it again when I get home.
    Siem likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It's not an easter egg.
    It a new gesture to completely close an app.

Well, I vaguely remember HardBeatz saying something to that extent...
    lol
    1) Press Power button and Center button at the same time and release to take a snapshot of your Touchpad screen [ works like PrintScreen in Windows]. File is auto saved under your /photos/screencaptures/

2)Minimize an app in landscape [ horizontal ] position , drag it down and release it to close. You'll hear 'whee' from angrybirds.

Please post more if you find them..
    the root.
    after upgrading to 3.0.2 my TP doesn't do the wheeee anymore...anyone else have this issue?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggerxpunk View Post
    after upgrading to 3.0.2 my TP doesn't do the wheeee anymore...anyone else have this issue?
    try turning your TP upside down and then doing it... you'll only get the "weee" sound when the speakers are positioned at the top
    Last edited by Realistpm; 09/02/2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: making a correction
    I've got better things to do
    #1 worked for me

#2 did not, I just get the standard "woosh"

Quote Originally Posted by Realistpm View Post
    try turning your TP upside down and then doing it... you'll only get the "weee" sound when the speakers are facing towards you
    Edit: #2 works If I turn it upside as per Realistpm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast