Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    This comparison (see PDF in attachment) is not 100% accurate, since I don't own neither the Touchpad, nor the iPad 2. So I will appreciate your contribution! You can edit this comparison here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...FySmc&hl=en_US

All info comes from reviews, apple.com, hp site. I made it mostly for myself to decide what tablet fits my needs more. I hope it can help you too!

Legend:
    Green = that's cool!
    Orange = well, not cool
    Red = alarm!
    White = equivalent or insignificant
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mrkvs; 07/04/2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: JPEG of the current table added (for those on the TouchPad :)
    Good chart. A lot of the issues in in orange on the TouchPad are things that should be resolved with the next OTA update or with time (app selection).

Otherwise, the two tablets appear to have their pluses and minus depending on that you want to use it for.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I see you are including ios5 for some of the iPad stuff. Maybe that shouldn't be included until it actually happens and can be reviewed/verified. Otherwise, you may as well include all that HP has promised in their updates now.

Good job, though!
    whoooooaaaaa thanks for that attachment! I had never seen how the touchpad handles downloads within the browser until now. Very nice. :-)
    The pdf won't open on my TP... :-(
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    whoooooaaaaa thanks for that attachment! I had never seen how the touchpad handles downloads within the browser until now. Very nice. :-)
    And how then? I think I've missed that part, have I?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Doesn't open on my touchpad...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I see you are including ios5 for some of the iPad stuff. Maybe that shouldn't be included until it actually happens and can be reviewed/verified. Otherwise, you may as well include all that HP has promised in their updates now.

Good job, though!
    Thanks for the comment! Honestly, I don't really remember what else HP has promised regarding the TouchPad. Their music/movie online store? That was very uncertain as yet.
    Regarding iOS 5: Apple announced these features in details, that means current iPad users _will_ have these features this autumn.
    I made Touchpad performance orange, not red, because they promised to fix it. But with HP / Palm, you know, go figure
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Doesn't open on my touchpad...
    The spreadsheet or the PDF file?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkvs View Post
    The spreadsheet or the PDF file?
    I can't open the PDF on my touchpad either.
    it would be interesting to know what you used to create .pdf file since we cant open it on the touchpad (which is ironic). If you can send me the details, i want to packabe it up and send it to someone at palm support. Thx.
    It's hard to judge, I think the effort is good, but it's really not "comprehensive".

I specially find the browser comparison very brief (I'm a browser man).

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nospleen View Post
    I posted that the PDF opened on my iPad and apparently it was deleted? I've been on the forums for 9 years, I was certainly not trying to troll.
    I open that fine too, another none touchpad tab, there might be a bug on touchpad with pdf, somebody should report this to the sticky bug tracking thread.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    My laptop reports that it can't open the PDF because it is empty. I think the attachment is just broken, I don't think it's a touchpad bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    My laptop reports that it can't open the PDF because it is empty. I think the attachment is just broken, I don't think it's a touchpad bug.
    Maybe it's a forum bug that prevent proper download in certain cases. let me try my pc.

Edit:

Okay, it will not open using plugins in the firefox, it will only open after it's downloaded.
    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I open that fine too, another none touchpad tab, there might be a bug on touchpad with pdf, somebody should report this to the sticky bug tracking thread.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    thats why I am hoping the OP will tell me how he created the .pdf.
    Great comparison!

A couple of thoughts.

I think that HP TouchPad should be green for 50GB of Box.net compared to iPad2's 5GB.
    Also I would add a line for Tasks and ding both HP and Apple for their lack of basic PIM Functionality. At least you can get some great task program from Apple.

Regards
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    thats why I am hoping the OP will tell me how he created the .pdf.
    The file size should be around 63kb, if you try to download multiple times, will you be able to download a none-empty file?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    on the touchpad it is 43.2 kb.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    FWIW I was able to open a pdf I was sent in an email so it may just be how it was created.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast