Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    interesting that I had it emailed to me and it opened on my touchpad after downloading it from gmail.
    another question for the OP. Is the ipad sound mono when listening via headset, too? Or just when using the built in speaker?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I forgot about the email attachment option. That worked for me on my touchpad.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Is it really fair to compare webOS 3.0 (today) to iOS 5 (future)?
    Maybe it's the browser. I can't read it on the page or via email using firefox on a Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it would be interesting to know what you used to create .pdf file since we cant open it on the touchpad (which is ironic). If you can send me the details, i want to packabe it up and send it to someone at palm support. Thx.
    Funny things, my Transformer gave choice of PDF reader, doc to go, and Polarice Office - everything is opening the file.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's hard to judge, I think the effort is good, but it's really not "comprehensive".

I specially find the browser comparison very brief (I'm a browser man).
    Well, I listed things that matter to me. I think it's a quite long list. Haven't seen more comprehensive [OS feature] comparison as yet.

Regarding browsers, it would be too much. I mean there is stock Web app on the Touchpad with its very limited feature list, and there are tens of feature-rich browsers in the App Store. You have even a browser with 2 sites, showing side-by-side!

thats why I am hoping the OP will tell me how he created the .pdf.
    I downloaded the spreadsheet as PDF directly from google docs

Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post

I think that HP TouchPad should be green for 50GB of Box.net compared to iPad2's 5GB.
    Also I would add a line for Tasks and ding both HP and Apple for their lack of basic PIM Functionality. At least you can get some great task program from Apple.
    I assume many users will find these 50 Gb very useful, like "ultra-green" field But I find this feature cool in general, but not as a companion to the Touchpad (so far). I mean Apple gives you 5 Gb for some stuff your 3rd party apps _will_ use (they release an API) and some your lightweight stuff like emails (@me.com, if you want one) or documents, but Apple gives you nearly unlimited iCloud space for your stuff like photos, apps, music, books and _tools_ (apps) to use this advantage. My point is that you can utilize all the features iCloud provides straight away, and it's easy. If I allow, that I have these 50 Gb, I simply have no idea how to use it on my Touchpad. Copy photos or, let's say, videos from my desktop to Box.net, and then to my Touchpad? Any way I can keep them synced? Automatically?

With iOS 5 Apple will have a quite decent free PIM, "Reminders". I would say it's kinda cool, because it can remind you things depending on your location, for example.

another question for the OP. Is the ipad sound mono when listening via headset, too? Or just when using the built in speaker?
    I compared just speakers, there is nothing really to compare between 3.5 mm jacks Ok, HP says their Beats Audio output is more quality, but I haven't checked that out.

Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    Is it really fair to compare webOS 3.0 (today) to iOS 5 (future)?
    In my opinion it's fair. I would definitely include webOS announced future features, but there's not much at the moment. What I heard were just bug fixes and performance enhancements. iPad users, on the other hand, will get all of those features this fall, they just will.
    Apple will have 5 finger gestures soon. C'mon HP!

HP should see this chart and aim to beat apple in all areas!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkvs View Post
    Thanks for the comment! Honestly, I don't really remember what else HP has promised regarding the TouchPad. Their music/movie online store? That was very uncertain as yet.
    Regarding iOS 5: Apple announced these features in details, that means current iPad users _will_ have these features this autumn.
    I made Touchpad performance orange, not red, because they promised to fix it. But with HP / Palm, you know, go figure
    This response tells me all I need to know about this thread. Apple's information is gospel, HP's information is not to be believed.

OK.

Have fun.
    i remember back when i had a 2g iphone that jobs had released info on an upcoming update that was going to give new features... like cut/paste or something like it... and then it didnt show and was pushed back a little farther.

so apple hasnt been 100% either and wouldnt say gospel... but in the 4 years with ios and when they announced and released... they have been pretty consistent and reliable.

HP/Palm... you can only go by what they say and what they do and go by track record and go from there.

can't blame people for being skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This response tells me all I need to know about this thread. Apple's information is gospel, HP's information is not to be believed.

OK.

Have fun.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12