1.    #1  
    I cant even understand the other person on the call when using the TP over bluetooth. Anyone else have this problem?

I have a pre- with 2.1
    yep same here franken pre plus running 2.1 = horrible audio quality to make calls
    is it any better if you plug a wired headset in to the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    1.4.5 pre minus here, works well but the caller gets some feed back. The fix is to use headset...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Works well for me, but caller gets echo. Massive echo. I have not tried it with a headset, however.
    I easily understood the other person and they understood me, though the other person said he could hear himself repeated through the speakers. Gonna have to test it out more.
    not great, but usable so far...
    Works but caller said there was echoing.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Yeah since day one with any of my pre's when I'd go handsfree with the blutooth the call quality would be great for about 30 seconds then i'd get about 15 seconds or so of optimus prime, then it would go back to normal. I have no idea why, but it has to be a bug with HP's blutooth protocols
  10.    #11  
    Update: After rebooting my pre it sounds better but not great.
    Really bad echo here
    Same echo problem and bad sound quality over my touchpads speakers. I never tried it with the update yet. This on a pre - as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Works well for me, but caller gets echo. Massive echo. I have not tried it with a headset, however.
    here too. headset does not help.
    only 1 caller did not have echo, i wish i knew why that one worked.
    The odd thing about bluetooth calling is that there doesn't seem to be a way to change the call volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Same echo problem and bad sound quality over my touchpads speakers. I never tried it with the update yet. This on a pre - as well.
    The update seemed to fix the echo and poor sound quality for me. Give it a try.
    I'm on Pre2 and unless the phone is right next to the TouchPad this "feature" is absolutely useless. If my phone is right next to me and my TouchPad, I'll grab my phone. I can see why HP is not marketing this.
    I just tried calling myself to test the problem out. I'm using a Pixi Plus.

This seems to be a microphone problem. When using the TouchPad to talk, if you hold the TouchPad more than a few inches away from your face it starts to break up/echo. My guess is that as your voice gets further away, the TouchPad cannot distinguish your actual voice from the voice output through the speakers. First it breaks up because the mic is not sensitive enough. Then it must overcompensate and picks up your voice over the speakers and amplifies that, causing echo.

Interestingly, while routing through the TouchPad, if I spoke into my Pixi it would pick up my voice and transmit, but it would be broken up. I suppose rather than turning off the mic completely on the Pixi, it is turning down its sensitivity. Therefore, it cannot pick up my voice unless I talk loudly and directly into the phone.

This might explain the same problem I have with my Prius. If my Prius picks up the call, the other side just gets echo/break up and cannot understand me.

I wonder if anyone knows a solution to this problem.
    I've used a Bluetooth headset on the tpad for Skype and had no issues with echo or lag. According to my dad, the sound quality was actually better than were I to have called him on the phone. Might try that with the same headset to narrow down what the issue/ root cause is vs. going through a tethered phone. (Note that some headsets are vastly superior to others.)
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    One thing I've learned is to not lay the touchpad flat on its back when BT calling. Have it standing upright somehow.

Still not perfect, but better than before.