Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By WinPhoneMaybe
  1.    #1  
    When my Pre contract with Sprint expired, I went with an Android phone, and frankly, I'm very pleased with it and wasn't missing WebOS at all. I was now in the market for a tablet, and I waited for the Touchpad reviews before deciding what to do. After reading so many of the poor reviews, I decided to go for a Galaxy Tab 10.1. Funny, but at Best Buy I could not stomach the aspect ratio of the Tab. Fortunately, they had a Touchpad there and I was smitten! WebOS really shines on a tablet, and I really could find myself multitasking much more than I did on a Smartphone. Needless to say I bought one and I'm back with WebOS!

I almost returned it, however, as I was having a terrible time with my wifi connection using a DLink router. Once I switched over to a Cisco router, my problems disappeared, and I'm loving it now. Yes, I'm looking forward to some improvements, but it's performing fairly well.

Looking forward to a homebrew patch or something that would let me tether it over bluetooth someday! Yes, I do miss freetether, and can't root my Droid :-(
    somline and Rennat like this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, now just get back to the Pre once its out!=]
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Glad you like your touchpad. For some reason DLink routers and webOS don't mix. My sister has a DLink router and if I don't turn off wifi on my Pre when I am visiting her it runs my Pre's battery down in just a few hours.
    I have tried D-Link routers and network cards for my home network and have had trouble getting them configured properly. This is with PC's, TabletPC's, and PocketPC's in the past. I am on my third Lynksys router now and never had trouble getting any of them working correctly.

The only issue I hope they have corrected in the newer models is to have them initially configured with security and p/w protection 'on.' My pre-Cisco versions were open out of the box. Too many people left them like that.
    regards,

Dan

------------------
    TabletPC user
    Classic reaction to the reviews.

-Reviews say its horrible
    -I'm not getting one
    -Plays with it
    -Walks away with the TouchPad in hand

I guess my tweet was completely correct

Clicky
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    webos on tablet is how a tablet should be.
    dlink routers stink. I just replaced mine with a buffalo. Glad you like the TP, I havent set mine down in three days!
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I'm using a dlink router, no problems at all with the TP.
    I have a Linksys WRT150N b/g/n and it is easy as pie and customer service helped set it up in a jiffy ...the other day I couldn't get service in the kitchen, so I went to the office and I shut off the power supply to the router and waited count of ten and turned it back on ...it reset itself without a burp ...all is well, good service throughout the house ...I have never had trouble with this thing over around 2 years... Pre3 hooks right up, touchpad is still in the box ...lazy me...
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Glad you like your touchpad. For some reason DLink routers and webOS don't mix. My sister has a DLink router and if I don't turn off wifi on my Pre when I am visiting her it runs my Pre's battery down in just a few hours.
    ...battery, that is ...

It runs down with data on but I lowered the brightness and used mode switcher to turn off data on lots of stuff and leave wifi on ...no problem and battery is ~65% in the morning if not charging...