Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts
    Whoa... check this out!

White processor-bumped 64GB and black 4G TouchPad due in August, Opal and Pre3 by fall!

...HP is making moves! I think once HP starts their Ad campaign things will be rocking & rolling...

From what I've heard from multiple stores selling them... lots of people are coming in asking about & picking them up...this is without any real adverts...

Thoughts fellows?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/04/2011 at 01:45 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post

...HP is making moves! I think once HP starts their Ad campaign things will be rocking & rolling...
    Yes absolutely. People have been worrying, crying.. where's the advertising etc. Yes it would be good to see.
    But, HP is laying all their necessary ground work right now. It will come, and it will be big.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Whoa... check this out!

White processor-bumped 64GB and black 4G TouchPad due in August, Opal and Pre3 by fall!

From what I've heard from multiple stores selling them... lots of people are coming in asking about & picking them up...this is without any real adverts...

Thoughts fellows?
    http://www.precentral.net/white-proc...-and-pre3-fall

sounds great and all, but I hope the late pre3 launch has to do with it getting a spec bump to keep it competitive. It will be going heads up with iOS 5.0 by the sounds of things.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 07/04/2011 at 11:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    this is great, I just hope the Pre gets released real soon, so that we can get on that ecosystem bandwagon!

I winder about the touchpad go now. I guess that will come out in oct/nov. Very positive year for webos!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    While this is great news that new hardware is scheduled, the announcement of the 64 GB white TP with a faster processor might hurt sales of the 32 GB black tips. Dont get me wrong, I love my TP, but how are they going to make it right for those of us who have shelled out to be early adopters? Are we going to have to shell out 700 to 'upgrade' our already outdated devices?

also, pre 3 in fall is disappointing. I was hoping for august, and for sprint to be a carrier.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Mmm, do I read it correctly that TP accessories have very limited stock... I do hope to order a touchstone and case within a few weeks in Germany or UK.
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts
    Yeah, my second line in the post is the link...but since Precentral did the update... link are not highlighting for me... Hard for users to know it's click-able...
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts
    My thoughts that maybe the 64Gig upgraded Processor might be called the TouchPad Pro... Who knows..

Or that Pro moniker could be for the Envy Edition coming
    mmmm envy edition
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I have seen several mentions of HP wanting all three major carriers to have the pre3 at the same time. They have to iron out deals with each and will release when all three have made their deals with HP.
    HP must have good reasons to wait until all three are on board and it could also include agreements on the 7 inch tablet to go along with the pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    While this is great news that new hardware is scheduled, the announcement of the 64 GB white TP with a faster processor might hurt sales of the 32 GB black tips. Dont get me wrong, I love my TP, but how are they going to make it right for those of us who have shelled out to be early adopters? Are we going to have to shell out 700 to 'upgrade' our already outdated devices?

also, pre 3 in fall is disappointing. I was hoping for august, and for sprint to be a carrier.
    is the joke? New stuff is constantly coming out in the tech world. I'm sure your touchpad will still be able to hold its own when the white one comes out. And if you cant stand to have anything less that the latest and greatest sell it and upgrade. I dont understand the notion of being "owed" as early adopters.
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post

Easy solution? Return what you have & wait.
    hparsons and jahjahlove like this.
    This is actually what I was expecting/afraid of. HP does incremental updates all the time with their PC line. I was wondering if they would do the same with the TouchPad. So instead of annual major releases we will get quarterly minor releases.

To those who are used to the way Apple and Palm did things, this will be a significant cultural shock. But on the other hand, it works to the consumers' favor. Instead of waiting an entire year to get a hardware upgrade, you really only have to wait a few months.

What this will result in is HP calling the entire line TouchPad with the only difference being in the model number. So instead of TouchPad, TouchPad2, and TouchPad3, you get TouchPad regardless of what hardware it has.

If HP adopts the release schedule it's looking like they will, you will always be waiting for the "top-of-the-line" model. HP will offer minor spec updates once a quarter. This quarter it's the processor and storage. Next quarter it could be the screen resolution. The next quarter is could be the amount of RAM and the GPU.

So unlike Apple, where once a year you get ALL of those things. HP will do it one piece at a time. It works for their PC business, why would they think it wouldn't work for their Tablet business.

At the same time, I'm wondering when HP will release a TouchPad with memristors.

Memristor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by bobsentell; 07/04/2011 at 12:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Makes me want to cancel my QVC order and wait for the white one with a better processor...processor is more important than color if you ask me.
    like the post above said about new tech coming out every month or so, and those who bought the first touchpad will be fine, especially with Hombrew doin what they do (prob overclocking kernenls soon as well). To me the GIG storage is not a huge concern, but it will be a case by case thing of course. Though with this announcment I will just wait and get the white one. Also I do hope the Pre 3 does make it before fall in the states, they need a phone out bad, as well as to sell their tts because the Veer def wont cut it. Though if the pre 3 comes in the fall it better too have a spec bump like a min 8mg cam, even faster processor, and more internal memory with no hiccups at all for it to make it.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    if ure willing to pay the extra 150...200 dollars then yeah go for it. And those complaining about apple not updating there products are high on a kite, 3g to 3gs and now ipad2 to ipad3 due out shortly. Its the pace of innovation. So long as consumers buy their products they will continue to innovate.

this is why I dont understand why people complain about being beta testers. Even if you buy a car every manufacture makes improvements. Just buy was works for you and b happy :-)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I have to wonder about the legitimacy of this leaked roadmap. Some of the items don't match up. The Veer was released in May, not June. The Pre is being announced for a release in Europe later this month, so it is difficult to believe that it won't be until this Fall for the US, (not to mention that everything up to this point has been released in the US first before Europe, with the possible exception of the Pre 2). And why release a updated tablet just a month or so after the first release. The whole thing smells fishy to me. Having watched these forums and all the rumors that come and go...I truly doubt that this is legit.
    All for One and One for All!
    The 64GB upgrade is nice, but a processor spec bump? I guess that's fine. How about video out. Bumping the right spec is a better idea.

I don't really think the white version will steal too many black version sales as the white version will probably have a 4G activation fee or something in addition to a higher price tag. Maybe $699-$749 + activation? Pretty expensive!
    rkruger likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    The 64GB upgrade is nice, but a processor spec bump? I guess that's fine. How about video out. Bumping the right spec is a better idea.

I don't really think the white version will steal too many black version sales as the white version will probably have a 4G activation fee or something in addition to a higher price tag. Maybe $699-$749 + activation? Pretty expensive!
    that is true the price will def be alot higher, and if its just for 64gigs of memory, and a minor spec bump (esp if hombrew gets a kernel OC) I dont think people should worry about much, those who bought the first one.
    Not so much complaining, but if this had been announced from the get-go, those of us who like the "best" could have waited and planned for the 64 GB with the faster processor. Maybe my wording made it seem like I was more upset than I am, sorry for that. My biggest complaint was that if the roadmap is correct, it's a month or so after the release of the original, which could hurt sales now, which is not good for HP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast