Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    mmmm envy edition
    Don't think so since they don't speak of external hardware update. BUT would be cool.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    that is true the price will def be alot higher, and if its just for 64gigs of memory, and a minor spec bump (esp if hombrew gets a kernel OC) I dont think people should worry about much, those who bought the first one.
    Don't forget, box.net gives 50G free!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Not so much complaining, but if this had been announced from the get-go, those of us who like the "best" could have waited and planned for the 64 GB with the faster processor. Maybe my wording made it seem like I was more upset than I am, sorry for that. My biggest complaint was that if the roadmap is correct, it's a month or so after the release of the original, which could hurt sales now, which is not good for HP.
    Remember where the competition is. Logic dictates, if HP is serious about this venture in to tablets, they will match and try to surpass the competition. I am not that smart, but assumed there would be 64G & HSPA + (3 1/2 G) released very soon. The possible 1.5G dual core is icing on the cake this quickly. The only questions in my mind was how long it would take to change the physical hardware, a better screen (rumor on iPad 3 is retina display, whatever that is), a better battery, and a rear facing camera (which I don't care about).
    Maybe this is where it being "built like a PC" ends up working in HP's favor. They have more flexibility when it comes to upgrading their system than Apple does.

On the iPad, everything is where is needs to be with almost NO wasted space. While that lends itself to better asthetics, it also means upgrades take longer to implement. Any change in the circuit to accomodate upgraded hardware requires a complete redesign of the entire unit.

HP is basically treating the TouchPad as a PC. That means all they have to do is replace the existing motherboard with a new one with very little design changes.

This could end up working in powerusers' favor as that means the TouchPad could potentially be user-upgradeable after all (after a warrantee-voiding case opening).
    65fastback likes this.
    Extra $100 over the current 32gb for more memory and faster CPU? Rear camera?
    stop crying. You guys should be happy. This shows hp will not stop cranking out better products. Hp does computers the same way. I'm happy cause obviously this will put webos on the map big time. If a new chip comes out that's priced the same hp can just pop it in there while everyone else is selling the older chip for a year. Good job hp. I'd rather it be this way.
    actually they should do it exactly like they do laptops. I wanna go on hp website and build a touchpad. I want to pick my setup. Let me decide on the camera, memory, color, chip and whatever. Offer people options and prices. Also put out some of those coupons.
    mhunterjr, 65fastback and crg28 like this.
    I figure a 1.5GHz overclock isn't far off for our TouchPads anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    actually they should do it exactly like they do laptops. I wanna go on hp website and build a touchpad. I want to pick my setup. Let me decide on the camera, memory, color, chip and whatever. Offer people options and prices. Also put out some of those coupons.
    My thinking is this will be the end goal. HP is just now starting out in the Tablet business. The end result should be something along the lines of what you want.
    I'd be interested in a spec bumped touchpad, but I would still want black and 32GB, but with an HDMI out port. 64GB versions are even priced more obscene than 32GB. And white, meh.
    I'd rather have 16 GB + UMTS for 599
    Pre3 in the Fall? yikes.
    remember how everyone was saying that they should undercut Apple on price? well, this could be pure genius on HP's part by putting out the 16GB and 32GB models first THEN coming out with a 64GB model shortly after which will (hopefully) reduce the price of the first two Touchpads. bam.. undercutting Apple on two competing products without so much cheapening their appeal since their introductory price was the same.

that said, i think the white tablets are silly. at least have a black offering as well.

also, do you guys think the enclosure will be the same or do you think they might have shaved off a few millimeters to appease the nitpicky types?
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    While this is great news that new hardware is scheduled, the announcement of the 64 GB white TP with a faster processor might hurt sales of the 32 GB black tips. Dont get me wrong, I love my TP, but how are they going to make it right for those of us who have shelled out to be early adopters? Are we going to have to shell out 700 to 'upgrade' our already outdated devices?

also, pre 3 in fall is disappointing. I was hoping for august, and for sprint to be a carrier.
    Emphasis mine

Last edited by Carioca_FL; 07/07/2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Precentral: from

wahh wahh HP isn't releasing new stuff quickly enough!!

to

wahh wahh HP is releasing new stuff too quickly!!

in -ONE- announcement/rumor.
    crg28 likes this.
    HP just has to bring up a sustainable release-schedule, so a buyer can rely upon it.

That we don't know what happens with TP, TPPro, TP7, etc. device release schedules in the first time is obvoious. It just has to rune a similar timeframe with TP2, TPPro2, TP72 (strange name!?).
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    nah...let HP put out hundreds of version of TP, one for every screen size available (from 5 to 14") :-) and then allow us to go online and customize as pleased, just like a laptop....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12