1.    #1  
    its asking for a password for developer mode on the touchpad. Whats up with this guys?
  2. H
    I thought there was only supposed to be a password on retail demo units?
    I think you can just click through it by pressing "Submit" without populating the password field. I was able to get into Developer Mode without entering a password.
    just hit the button and ignore the password.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    So would you be able to set a password yourself?
    yes, i believe u can create a password at that screen.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    just hit the button and ignore the password.
    yea that worked, it did ask me to setup a pw after that but I just left it without one
    Is there anyway to remove to developer mode password once you've enabled one?

Seems like the password I added to on Touchpad's developer mode might be preventing the unit from launching webOS quick install...
    This phased me. After setting the dev mode password (cos I know what my kids are like) I couldn't access any install tools, and couldn't clear the password.

The solution on Windows seems to be to use the novacom command from the command line:

novacom -r <password> -c login

prior to allow an "authenticated" session

I've not yet tried this on linux, but hope to soon
    password can not be removed at this time once it is created. Also, I have found out that novaterm has an issue with the password once it has been set and the only workaround I have found is WOSQI at this time which can store your password and uses novacom to access the TP.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by cmontalv View Post
    Seems like the password I added to on Touchpad's developer mode might be preventing the unit from launching webOS quick install...
    Make sure you're using the current version of WebOS Quick Install.

The current WOSQI fully supports DevMode passwords. It will auto-detect if a password is needed and will give you a popup window to enter it. Moreover, there's the option to remember the password, so you don't need to enter it everytime
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Hmm I dont agree with the last remark. WOSQI 4.2.3 freezes when i start it if Devmode is on with password. No popup to fill in my password
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodry View Post
    Hmm I dont agree with the last remark. WOSQI 4.2.3 freezes when i start it if Devmode is on with password. No popup to fill in my password
    I suggest you try posting in the official wosqi thread and look through the potential solutions. It should be noted, however, that my previous post is true and that beta testing on a password protected TouchPad was conducted successfully.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I suggest you try posting in the official wosqi thread and look through the potential solutions. It should be noted, however, that my previous post is true and that beta testing on a password protected TouchPad was conducted successfully.
    I rebooted from Win7 64 to Ubuntu and now it does work. I guess it must be something in windows. I will post this in WOSQi thread.
    I turned devmode on in order to install preware. Once preware is installed, is there any benefit or reason for keeping devmode on? What are the benefits/drawbacks to keeping it turned on?
    Quote Originally Posted by teagueghost View Post
    I turned devmode on in order to install preware. Once preware is installed, is there any benefit or reason for keeping devmode on? What are the benefits/drawbacks to keeping it turned on?
    Developer mode is only accessible from the USB cable so i do not believe at this time that there is any hard at all.

I have a Pre- from launch day and turned DevMode on immediately upon Homebrewing needs and never turned it off and now I have done the same with the Touchpad DevMode. It is convenient when i want to just plug in the device for whatever reason and extract something from it. I don't have to turn on DevMode everytime I want to novaterm etc.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]