Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teebomus View Post
    With all tech items, we are so lost in the specs at this point. Unless you are comparing an extremely budget item to a top end one, there are so few differences it is almost wasted conversation. Also, I do not understand the lag issue. Occasional lag seems acceptable to me. Lots of lag? sure. is a problem. But in general, whats the big deal? Analogy: When I merge onto an interstate in my Mazda there is some"lag"; with my Explorer there is not. i get there either way. Patience, which I have little of, is still a virtue.
    I think this is all headed the way of computer processors. they are all so fast what does it really matter anymore.

If the iPad didn't exist, lag would not be a big deal. Lag would just be the norm, and people would accept it. But since every tablet that enters the market is immediately compared to the iPad, lag will play a roll in peoples decision. Even though the TouchPad performs quite well and has a faster processor, in comparison to the iPad it appears to be slower.

After I saw this Consumer Reports review video, where they do a side by side comparison when changing views from portrait to landscape, I realized how important lag is.

I'm hoping the next OTA update gets pushed soon to address this lag, until then the TouchPad wont seem as fast or polished as the iPad.
    it's funny how people laughed that the 3gs was a lame update because of the 's' for speed and jobs felt speed and lag free experience was as important.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    If the iPad didn't exist, lag would not be a big deal. Lag would just be the norm, and people would accept it. But since every tablet that enters the market is immediately compared to the iPad, lag will play a roll in peoples decision. Even though the TouchPad performs quite well and has a faster processor, in comparison to the iPad it appears to be slower.

After I saw this Consumer Reports review video, where they do a side by side comparison when changing views from portrait to landscape, I realized how important lag is.

I'm hoping the next OTA update gets pushed soon to address this lag, until then the TouchPad wont seem as fast or polished as the iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    it's funny how people laughed that the 3gs was a lame update because of the 's' for speed and jobs felt speed and lag free experience was as important.

Yeah, it looks like Jobs was right to focus on speed & lag. Now he pretty much set the standard with how fast people expect their phones & tablets to react to touch. This is why so many people are complaining in the reviews about the TouchPad lagging.
    Got mine Fri morning... Fired up fast, clean, smooth. Very, very occasional hiccups, but only when I was stuffing it with 6 MB office documents while e-mailing and web posting.

Stayed at friends place... Hooked to satellite internet - Like my TP received a full-frontal lobotomy!! Super laggy... App manipulation (launcher, switching, etc) was fine, but any app that needed cloud access was crippling-ly slow.

Back @ home on run of the mill DSL it's once again awesome.
    TANSTAAFL!
    The lag seems to be increasing for me. The biggest lag I notice is scrolling. Scrolling in the contact list, scrolling in web browsers and even on Precentral's app there's a lot of lag where you scroll and nothing happens for 4 or 5 seconds, then it scrolls.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12