Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    So while it is neat that the tp plays flash, it doesn't perform that well. Anyway to watch HTML5 videos on sites that I know have them like espn?

    I have an iPad 2 so I know that site has it.
  2. #2  
    Go into browser preferences and either disable flash, or have it require you to click flash elements before they load.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Go into browser preferences and either disable flash, or have it require you to click flash elements before they load.
    That works to disable flash but now when I go to espn it shows a broken video link

    It's like we need a way to pretend the user agent is an iPad
  4. #4  
    That's unfortunate. YouTube defaults to HTML5 for me so I was hoping other sites would too.
  5. #5  
    most desktop versions have a mobile website version, like at the bottom of the screen or ticked away in some corner, try clicking that button, You shouldnt need a ipad spoof patch
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6.    #6  
    on ESPN?
  7. #7  
    flash is blazing fast here not sure whats wrong with yours. :P
  8. #8  
    word
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    flash is blazing fast here not sure whats wrong with yours. :P
    It is, if you have no other cards open but if you're, you know, multitasking, flash doesn't work that well. Try PopCap Games and see how well their flash games play.

    However, YouTube plays quite decent, for the most part (again, if you have too many cards, all bets are off) Other video sites dont perform as well -even HP's TouchPad videos with Russell Brand are quite jittery.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    It is, if you have no other cards open but if you're, you know, multitasking, flash doesn't work that well. Try PopCap Games and see how well their flash games play.

    However, YouTube plays quite decent, for the most part (again, if you have too many cards, all bets are off) Other video sites dont perform as well -even HP's TouchPad videos with Russell Brand are quite jittery.
    I have at least 5-10 other apps open and youtube still run great, but I can see where you might get slow downs if you have lots of cards open. HTML5 isn't going to be any faster though, you can look at the stats flash still outperforms HTML5. You can test this out on the touchpad as well I get 5-7 fps for HTML5 canvas and 20-25 fps with flash.

    The Man in Blue > "HTML5" versus Flash: Animation Benchmarking

    -Toaster
  11.    #11  
    Flash has been the cause of all soft restarts I've had with the tp. On sites that are iPad video friendly I'll take my chances on that vs flash. Seems I have no option. Either flash and crashes orno videos.

    Shame.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    Flash has been the cause of all soft restarts I've had with the tp.
    Yep. OSX, Linux, and Android users already know this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Yep. OSX, Linux, and Android users already know this.
    exactly so its dissapointing to not get the option on sites that I kno w for a fact ipad friendly video wise

    flash has performed ok but not great and nowhere near as smooth as HTML video plays on my ipad2
  14. #14  
    Since the TP uses the Snapdragon CPU I assume the GPU is naturally an Adreno 2xxx variant. The iPad 2 uses the PowerVR SGX GPU from Imagination Tech (same as in the Samsung Galaxy S phones and 7" Tab), which in some quarters is said to be more powerful than the Adreno.

    Could there be a correlation in performance?

    Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    exactly so its dissapointing to not get the option on sites that I kno w for a fact ipad friendly video wise

    flash has performed ok but not great and nowhere near as smooth as HTML video plays on my ipad2
    Flash causes reboots?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  16. CandyNJ6's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #16  
    flash works super on my TP and I have super fast high speed internet.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Flash causes reboots?
    Flash hasn't crashed ONCE here so I really don't know what they are talking about.
  18.    #18  
    internet speed has nothing to do with crashes.

    yes flash has caused my TP to crash.

    I know some of you have perfectly working flash and its amazingly fast ;-)

    hence why I want the option since a unicorn perfect flash was not included in my tp
  19.    #19  
    The bottom line is that Flash while functional and nice to have. I am not a huge fan of the performance of it even on desktops. the browser should have the ability to take advantage of all those iPad optimized sites out there.

    Commenting on here if you have 0 problems is really of no help. I mean what good does that do me or anyone that is having issues?
  20. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    That works to disable flash but now when I go to espn it shows a broken video link

    It's like we need a way to pretend the user agent is an iPad
    Is there no setting for browser ID? Bummer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions