1.    #1  
    I went to autotrader.com using my tp browser and it reccommended that I upgrade my safari 0.0 browser to the latest version. Safari? Really?
    The Pre's browser is based off of Safari's webkit technology so I'm pretty sure it shows up at Safari somewhere in the browser recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    lmao...I support WebOS all the way but that is some funny ****
    If you look in about:config safari is referenced in the user agent, but it doesn't say v0.0. lol
    Just think about it...the TouchPad is looking to take away some of the marketshare from the iPad but is also using apple's browser....
    (keep in mind I support TouchPad all the way) but this is quite hilarious.
    Even google chrome is based on webkit IIRC. It's a technology that's popped up in a number of places.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    Just think about it...the TouchPad is looking to take away some of the marketshare from the iPad but is also using apple's browser....
    (keep in mind I support TouchPad all the way) but this is quite hilarious.
    Web Kit is not the browser. WebOs' browser isn't Safari. Web kit is used as the foundation for both
    Yeah I think you're misunderstanding. Webkit is a layout engine used by multiple browsers, most notably Google Chrome and Safari. Opera, Internet Explorer, and Firefox don't have Webkit abilities. WebOS' browser is based off Safari's layout for the Webkit, so I'm assuming that it would recognize it as Safari. It is not using the Safari in any way other than the layout engine. Websites don't recognize it as the iPhone browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Webkit is the code base apple started when they forked kdes rendering engine years ago.