Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jizyjuice View Post
    My friend at palm said this is a bug with suspend in pulseaudio locking up.

once issue occurs, this can be resolved from command line after the problem occurs:

pactl suspend-sink 0 1
    pactl suspend-sink 0 0

They are working on a fix and should come with the next ota update.
    Hey jizyjuice. Tell your friend that doesn't work 100%. While I get my launcher and keyboard sounds back, I still have silent PDK and emulator (Pre) apps until a reboot.
    Try running these two commands
    stop pulseaudio
    start pulseaudio
    This is the biggest annoyance of the touchpad for me right now. Just about every day my sound stops working. Last night something odd was going on with the sound where every time I would type a key on the keyboard, the touchpad would vibrate instead of playing the typing sound. I hope this sound bug is fixed soon!
    Disabling the email notification tone/vibrate seems to have fixed this for me. I have yet to lose sound, and its been about a week.

kinda sucks not having a non visual notification though
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    Disabling the email notification tone/vibrate seems to have fixed this for me. I have yet to lose sound, and its been about a week.

kinda sucks not having a non visual notification though
    I have been having no problems using vibrate for notifications. I switched back to system sound a few days ago just to test it out again and I lost sound within a few hours. After that, I switched back to vibrate and rebooted and my sound is holding up just fine.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'll also confirm that since I disabled my e-mail audible notifications that I've had no problems with my sound for almost 3 weeks.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    I'll also confirm that since I disabled my e-mail audible notifications that I've had no problems with my sound for almost 3 weeks.
    Same here, I'll try vibrate notifications to see if that reproduces the problem.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    I didn't start getting this problem until after I set a ringtone for my eMail notifications. Something there isn't playing nicely.

Next time this happens for me, I'll just try restarting the audio service and post back if that remedies it... at least until they fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Same here, I'll try vibrate notifications to see if that reproduces the problem.
    When I left it on vibrate, i still lost sound...
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    When I left it on vibrate, i still lost sound...
    Did you have any other audible notifications? Mine was Carbon. After disabling those and setting all email to vibrate, I've been good.
    My email accounts have all different kinds of audible notifications. No sound again after 30 minutes. Annoyed! (I don't have Preware installed, therefore no Terminal to start and stop the services)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    stop pulseaudio
    start pulseaudio
    Doing that fixed the sound for both the launcher/keyboard AND PDK apps, thanks!

I've added them to a file and +x'd it. Works great. Now... Any idea how I can get it to run from the launcher? Via an app or something?
  13. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    i didn't start loosing sound on my touchpad until today. I guess it went out when it received the bad news.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    stop pulseaudio
    start pulseaudio
    Okay, TP newbie here. How do I get a command line to run these commands? Enter them in Just Type?
    Quote Originally Posted by braygor View Post
    Okay, TP newbie here. How do I get a command line to run these commands? Enter them in Just Type?
    Just do the skype echo test to restore sound for now, which works most of the time

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Just do the skype echo test to restore sound for now, which works most of the time

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Thanks. Lost sound yesterday, did a reboot. Lost sound twice today and did the skype echo test, that solved it. Have since disabled e-mail notification sounds, and the problem has not reappeared.
    I've spent 90 mins with HP tech support, and he has confirmed that HP is working on a solution, they were aware of it after they released 3.0.2, and they are hoping to fix it on the next update...
    in the mean time...
    Last edited by juanpaito; 08/29/2011 at 10:03 AM.
    the sound thing happened to me only once and it was when i first hooked teh touchpad to the touchstone and at teh same time paired it with the bluetooth keyboard, after a proper full reboot tho it never happened again.
    I'm not sure if I've got the same problem, but I lost sound on my new TP today and even a reset doesn't bring it back. Headset sounds is working fine.

Initially I noticed that the volume rocker was changing the "media" volume (the music notes appeared when I changed the volume). Some other changes got this to correctly show the "bell" volume icon, but still no sound through the speakers.

May try the full restore since I don't have much else installed/configured yet.
    I have the same stupid issue. I have my TP for 3 days now and lost sound twice. Luna manager reboot didn't help. Only full reboot helped. This is very annoying.
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast