Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    So Skype echo test brings it back. Does this problem happen for people without an existing Skype account?
    Happens to me as well, no skype accounts. And as said in this thread I think its problem with notification sounds coming when device is asleep. Nothing to do with the hardware, you just can be lucky enough to not experience this with a new device. I hope the next webOS release has a fix for this. If this starts to happen often for me might do an app for resetting the sounds.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I don't have Skype and it has happened to me twice. However, if it is notification related, I may have stumbled across a fix of sorts. I recently installed a weather app that uses the notification bar to inform me of current temp, etc. Because you want the notification to always be there, I don't swipe it away. Since installing this app, I have not had any problem with the sound. So maybe the "solution" is leaving at least one notification active.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I don't have Skype and it has happened to me twice. However, if it is notification related, I may have stumbled across a fix of sorts. I recently installed a weather app that uses the notification bar to inform me of current temp, etc. Because you want the notification to always be there, I don't swipe it away. Since installing this app, I have not had any problem with the sound. So maybe the "solution" is leaving at least one notification active.
    You might be on to something. I installed the same app two nights ago and so far I have not lost sound. Here's hoping to a fix!
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I don't have weather app, or any other app, that leaves a notification in the bar.

eek. Sorry didn't read the post properly.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    You might be on to something. I installed the same app two nights ago and so far I have not lost sound. Here's hoping to a fix!
    I have the same app. It does not solve the problem. I wish HP/Palm could figure this one out and patch it fairly quickly. I'm sick of rebooting my machine every day.
    i wonder...

is this a symptom telling you to doctor your touchpad?

i dont think everyone's having this problem.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    today all day it seemed fine...

so, are yours updated with the new ota?

what WiFi arebyiu in, mine at work does the sound thing more often, work WiFi requires portal log on.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Mine was losing sound. Now it's doing this thing where, if you mute it, instead of buzzing as a confirmation, it rings like an old-school telephone. Not what you want when trying to mute. Quite embarrassing in meetings. Restart fixes it temporarily.
    I started experiencing this a week ago. First week or two, no issues. Very odd. A reboot fixes it immediately, but for an indeterminate amount of time.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Same issue here. Skype echo test brings it back though.
    yeah the Skype trick works.
    Spoke with an HP rep using the help chat on my TouchPad. Had me do the "Erase all Apps and Data" feature. Lo and behold....it did nothing to resolve the problem. Now I've lost all my saved game data in Angry Birds and can't hear anything to boot! :P
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    Knocking on wood here, but I haven't lost sound since Thursday and I usually lose sound once a day. If its not due to the weather app, then maybe it has something to do with turning off vibrate in sounds and ringtones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    Spoke with an HP rep using the help chat on my TouchPad. Had me do the "Erase all Apps and Data" feature. Lo and behold....it did nothing to resolve the problem. Now I've lost all my saved game data in Angry Birds and can't hear anything to boot! :P
    I'm surprised they asked you to do this. They had me try this weeks ago followed by a re-load of the rom and neither fixed the issue. You'd have thought that would be clear by now. NB) My replacement TP has never exhibited the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by db3.uk View Post
    I'm surprised they asked you to do this. They had me try this weeks ago followed by a re-load of the rom and neither fixed the issue. You'd have thought that would be clear by now. NB) My replacement TP has never exhibited the issue.
    I still am 99% sure its a software problem. Anyway mine has done it only once so far so it depends on your setup / usage / luck how often you get and when you start to get it. Not trying to put you down its good that replacement is working for you, but just saying that people should not go replacing frency over this Doctoring / erasing config is most likely as good/bad way to get the problem fixed as replacing. I.e. you might get a setup that works for a while or better but there are no guarantees etc. I hope this problem is fixed in next webOS release since it seems quite wide spread problem.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    bevcraw and coughdrops like this.
    Sconix, how hard would it be to create an app that stops and restarts pulseaudio? That's all it takes to get sound working again. I usually run the commands via Xecutah.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Sconix, how hard would it be to create an app that stops and restarts pulseaudio? That's all it takes to get sound working again. I usually run the commands via Xecutah.
    Not hard, if it starts happen more often for me I will do such thing, until that will use my time for removing stuff from my TODO list. Maybe there would be someone with the skills and more frequent problem out there with spare free time to do it sooner
    Thanks, I'll start a separate thread for the app request.
    My friend at palm said this is a bug with suspend in pulseaudio locking up.

once issue occurs, this can be resolved from command line after the problem occurs:

pactl suspend-sink 0 1
    pactl suspend-sink 0 0

They are working on a fix and should come with the next ota update.
    Thanks!! It worked!!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast