Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat View Post
    Hi normalo,
    Do you know if your replacement touchpad is new or refurbished?
    Please let us know if you lose sound and/or how long you go with no issues.
    I am deciding if I should try to return mine as well.
    I have no clue whether my replacement unit is a refurbished one. Is there any way to tell ? It looked new. However, I received only the pad as a replacement. I had to send the old TP back. Now I have the box and accessories of the original unit and a new TP with a different serial number than on the box.

This morning I lost sound again. It worked since Monday lunchtime until this morning. I personally think this is a software issue. I will try the skype trick if it looses sound again.

normalo
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    What patches have people installed?

I've installed the performances tweaks, and uberkernal OnDemand 1512
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Mine is pure stock 32gig - it will loose sound randomly- and its annoying to restore it- have to reboot- or initiate call (cant if your not on wifi!)

Lets hope this is fixed next OTA...as this is the only issue I have with my TP
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat View Post
    Those of you who are losing sound, are you using the system sounds or ringtones for your notification alerts? Also, if you are using ringtones, are they the stock ones that come with the TP or ones you sideload?
    Trying to rule a few things out here, thanks
    System sounds
    I've tried stock and patched up with custom kernels and both builds give same result. For my devices I have found this issue comes up when my devices are idle and I get new email notifications when the alert is set to either system or ringtone. I am now using vibrate for my alert of new emails and for the past 3 days I have not lost system sounds.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Lost sound for the first time on my replacement unit and I didn't do a thing to the sound settings whatsoever. I didn't even turn off the vibrate when ring. I had made a video Skype call before I noticed the sound stopped working. Did the echo test and got sound back.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Count me in. We lose sound too.
    Seems to happen only when the TP is in sleep mode. The system sounds (email, messages) work for a while and then stop. Then there is no sound when you resume and need to restart.
    Lost sound again, tried the skype trick (simply open the dial panel and try to connect). That brought the sound back. I can live with that until the software is fixed...
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already in this thread, but I've noticed when I lose sound, if I go into the music player the songs won't play at all, the progress bar doesn't even run, it stays at 0:00. Today when it happened to me, I did the Skype trick and the mp3's played again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbradbad View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already in this thread, but I've noticed when I lose sound, if I go into the music player the songs won't play at all, the progress bar doesn't even run, it stays at 0:00. Today when it happened to me, I did the Skype trick and the mp3's played again.
    Yep, you lose ALL sound. No YouTube, ring tones, music, swipe up swoosh, angry birds easter egg swipe up, games, everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzz View Post
    Count me in. We lose sound too.
    Seems to happen only when the TP is in sleep mode. The system sounds (email, messages) work for a while and then stop. Then there is no sound when you resume and need to restart.
    I'm having the same issue after taking out of sleep mode. Mostly waking it up for many hours. I just bought my wife a TouchPad a few days back & I have had mine several weeks. In fact, I'm on my second TP. All three have the same issue. Doctoring will not solve the issue. It is something to do with the OS. I was hoping the update would solve the issue. We just need to continue to let HP know about the issue.
    DEFINITELY happens when the device is in sleep mode. My replacement touchpad has been staying at home on the touchstone, where it never goes to sleep. I came home and took it off the touchstone and the screen turned off. When I woke it back up again the sound didnt work. Did the skype echo test and brought it back.

@bigbra**** - I have seen the music player play music, and the counter would count the time played, but still no sound.
    I have had this happen many times to my Touchpad. I was hoping this would be fixed with the update. It seems to be a common problem. Lets hope HP will make it right. As with most of you, only a restart will reset it.
    The Skype echo test is faster as long as you're online

I have lost sound on my original unpatched TP and now my patched TP. I can't even restart the device without hitting power and home button when it loses sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I have lost sound on my original unpatched TP and now my patched TP. I can't even restart the device without hitting power and home button when it loses sound.
    this has happened to my gf's touchpad. Twice now. Put it on the touchstone, it says its charging, but then when she took it off the next day battery is basically dead, won't charge, won't restart' sound gone.

after a while it will charge, restart, then its back to normal. Not sure what is causing this issue.
    Sometimes if you dont center the touchpad on the touchstone it wont charge. And it only charges in two orientations, one in portrait mode with the speakers to the left, and in landscape with the speakers to the bottom. Always make sure you see the charging icon.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Its deff and issue, everyone needs to go and make an error log to HP so they know its a wide issue- link back here also.

Anyone know if there is a HP forums thread about this?
    Just lost sound as I was writing an app review in the catalog. It happened when a Foursquare notification came in.

Did the Skype echo test twice, it did not restore sound, but when I play music I can hear the music audio. I can also hear Skype audio and incoming email notifications. But I cannot hear the keyboard clicking sound or the angry birds easter egg card dismiss sound. Restarting now.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    So Skype echo test brings it back. Does this problem happen for people without an existing Skype account?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast