Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by db3.uk View Post
    I haven't had a single audio loss problem since replacing my TP.
    That's good. Maybe you won't have any issues. I've had my TP for a while and I've only lost audio a few times. I'm not sure why some people experience this more than others.
    Add me to the list, I have had my TP for a little over a week and have been plagued with this issue the entire time 3.0.0 and now 3.0.2. I have needed to restart every day, this is not cool.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    I initiated a Skype call on Friday when it lost sound and knock on wood, I haven't lost audio since.
    FYI, I lost sound today and initiated the echo test call on Skype, it worked fine and the sound came back.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbradbad View Post
    FYI, I lost sound today and initiated the echo test call on Skype, it worked fine and the sound came back.
    same issue, and doing the above fixed the issue... But now as I type this, each time I press a key it is vibrating....***
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    same issue, and doing the above fixed the issue... But now as I type this, each time I press a key it is vibrating....***
    I had that too, I just rebooted and haven't lost sound since Friday.
    I lost sound twice today, both occurrences appear to have been after getting e-mail notifications while the screen was off. One account is Google set to sync As Items Arrive using custom ringtone. The other is a pop account set to sync every 30 min using just system alert.

While I never lost sound with 3.0.0, I also didn't have my pop e-mail account to check every 30 min. It was set to manual prior to updating to 3.0.2.
    Those of you who are losing sound, are you using the system sounds or ringtones for your notification alerts? Also, if you are using ringtones, are they the stock ones that come with the TP or ones you sideload?
    Trying to rule a few things out here, thanks
    I am also having this problem. To answer the post above, I am using the stock Shimmer (short) ringtone for email notifications. I also tried the Skype trick, after which sound did come back but for most things except flash video but I always get a little vibration whenever there should be sound. Wait, vibrating just stopped, perhaps because I just reloaded that browser with the flash video that wouldn't play sound?!?!

this is very odd, hopefully Palm can work it out.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I too am still loosing sound. Most of the time its after or during a Bluetooth call. Only a reboot will fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat View Post
    Those of you who are losing sound, are you using the system sounds or ringtones for your notification alerts? Also, if you are using ringtones, are they the stock ones that come with the TP or ones you sideload?
    Trying to rule a few things out here, thanks
    System sounds. Exchange and Gmail accounts set to as items arrive.
    I thought after the update it wasnt losing sound. Now its losing sound more often than before the update. Sigh. Can I give back the update for HP to just fix the sound? I guess at least the keyboard is useable now.
    Damn, just lost sound again
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Ive started having the problem also.

I've also noticed that the keyboard clicks when it's turned off in the settings
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    i bought my touchpad on Sunday and had my first experience loosing sound last night when i got home. Turned it on and saw an email notification then i swiped an app off the screen to no sound. Then i went and messed around with sound settings..no dice....did a luna restart..no dice...device reset...i have sound again lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbradbad View Post
    Is there a way to set the Echo / Sound Test Service as an icon in the launcher? Would be nice to just tap an icon to initiate the Skype call and fix the sound. Sort of like a speed dial button.
    Never had this problem with 3.0 but since the OTA- rather only in the last few days- I've recently started having this problem as well. Like others a reboot fixes it.

I think we might be on to something with the email notifications. I wasn't having any problems until I changed the sound alerts for both of my email account and also adjusting the refresh time for the 2nd account.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    Never had this problem with 3.0 but since the OTA- rather only in the last few days- I've recently started having this problem as well. Like others a reboot fixes it.

I think we might be on to something with the email notifications. I wasn't having any problems until I changed the sound alerts for both of my email account and also adjusting the refresh time for the 2nd account.
    I have not touched the notification sounds and I have still been losing sound.

I just got a new TouchPad today because of a crack by the speaker. I have not touched any settings on it, upgraded to 3.0.2, and we will see what happens with the device losing sound.
    Happened to me the first time today. All of my settings are stock/default. I installed the MLB app last night and listened to the Redsox-Twins game and fell asleep during the 9th inning. I have no idea how long it continued streaming, but maybe that had something to do with it?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I have not changed the notification settings on my email accounts. Currently having to reboot a couple of times a day.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    I still have not lost sound yet on my replacement touchpad but I am fully expecting to today. And it will be right when I am about to show somebody a touchpad for the first time, sigh.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast