Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 300
Like Tree16Likes
  1. kabrutus's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #81  
    Can someone from the Homebrew community create an app with a script to stop pulseaudio and start pulseeaudio?
  2. #82  
    I'm really starting to get irritated losing the sound every day. I don't want to turn off email notifications because, well, I want to be notified! For me, it seems like the sound cuts off somewhere around 10:30am to 12pm every single day (only had it since Sunday). I've had four email messages during that time frame.
  3. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    I'm really starting to get irritated losing the sound every day. I don't want to turn off email notifications because, well, I want to be notified! For me, it seems like the sound cuts off somewhere around 10:30am to 12pm every single day (only had it since Sunday). I've had four email messages during that time frame.
    I turned off email notifications and I haven't lost audio since. No big deal for me as the touchpad and my pre would sound off simultaneously when emails were received. HP should fix this asap I agree that it's very annoying.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    I turned off email notifications and I haven't lost audio since. No big deal for me as the touchpad and my pre would sound off simultaneously when emails were received. HP should fix this asap I agree that it's very annoying.


    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    I'm really starting to get irritated losing the sound every day. I don't want to turn off email notifications because, well, I want to be notified! For me, it seems like the sound cuts off somewhere around 10:30am to 12pm every single day (only had it since Sunday). I've had four email messages during that time frame.

    Ever since the update I haven't lost sound once and I still keep my notifications for email audible *scratches head*

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  5. DCFlyer's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #85  
    I have had this problem as well, intermittently, since I bought the unit on July 13. All sound, including system sounds, fail. I cannot discern a pattern to the audio failures. Restart restores sound.
  6. #86  
    And you did the update?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  7. #87  
    Just lost sound for the first time after updating to 3.02 and overclocking. I tried the Skype trick that someone mentioned here. Start up a Skype call and all sound comes back without rebooting. So far my sound has stayed on for over 10 hours since the Skype trick.
  8. LA6507a's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #88  
    Guys,
    I mentioned yesterday that I disabled Beats Audio in the audio settings after running the Skype trick and sound has been working ever since. I encourage others to verify whether or not Beats Audio is actually enabled. I don't believe I've read anywhere that this has been looked at as the culprit.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by LA6507 View Post
    Guys,
    I mentioned yesterday that I disabled Beats Audio in the audio settings after running the Skype trick and sound has been working ever since. I encourage others to verify whether or not Beats Audio is actually enabled. I don't believe I've read anywhere that this has been looked at as the culprit.
    Thanks, just turned it off.
  10. #90  
    I am hesitant to try too many "fixes" at once. I am going to stay with the Skype fix for now and keep beats audio on.
  11. #91  
    I had the same issue from day one (6. July). After the 3.0.2 update I kept losing the sound, so I opened a live chat and was told to use WebOSDoctor to reset the unit. After doing so, I lost the sound after one day. I contacted the live chat again and was told that this is supposed to be a hardware failure and I should get my unit replaced. Now the replacement unit is on it's way...
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by normalo View Post
    I had the same issue from day one (6. July). After the 3.0.2 update I kept losing the sound, so I opened a live chat and was told to use WebOSDoctor to reset the unit. After doing so, I lost the sound after one day. I contacted the live chat again and was told that this is supposed to be a hardware failure and I should get my unit replaced. Now the replacement unit is on it's way...
    I would agree. I had this problem all the time, but since unit was replaced not once.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by LA6507 View Post
    Guys,
    I mentioned yesterday that I disabled Beats Audio in the audio settings after running the Skype trick and sound has been working ever since. I encourage others to verify whether or not Beats Audio is actually enabled. I don't believe I've read anywhere that this has been looked at as the culprit.
    I can confirm that turning off beats audio does not fix the problem. I think I'm going to try replacing the TouchPad.
  14. #94  
    Ok, I got my replacement unit today and so far it seems to be ok... Keeping my fingers crossed...

    normalo
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by normalo View Post
    Ok, I got my replacement unit today and so far it seems to be ok... Keeping my fingers crossed...

    normalo
    I hope it is not hardware problem...I love my TP and it is perfect (no cracks in case, etc) except for Audio being intermittent. Please let us know if you problem comes back. Thanks, Sorli...
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by normalo View Post
    Ok, I got my replacement unit today and so far it seems to be ok... Keeping my fingers crossed...

    normalo
    Hi normalo,
    Do you know if your replacement touchpad is new or refurbished?
    Please let us know if you lose sound and/or how long you go with no issues.
    I am deciding if I should try to return mine as well.
  17. #97  
    People, this is a software bug and has nothing to do with the TP hardware. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$'$s$ $been$ $in$ $WebOS$ $since$ $version$ $2$.$1$. $There$'$s$ $no$ $workaround$ $or$ $silver$ $bullet$ $to$ $keep$ $it$ $from$ $randomly$ $occurring$. $Some$ $people$ $have$ $had$ $varying$ $success$ $trying$ $different$ $things$ $to$ $avoid$ $the$ $problem$. $None$ $have$ $been$ $proven$ $to$ $work$ $for$ $the$ $majority$ $of$ $people$ $that$ $tried$ $them$.

    The only way to correct the issues is to restart pulseaudio or reboot your TP.
  18. #98  
    I initiated a Skype call on Friday when it lost sound and knock on wood, I haven't lost audio since.
    sorli likes this.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    People, this is a software bug and has nothing to do with the TP hardware. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $it$'$s$ $been$ $in$ $WebOS$ $since$ $version$ $2$.$1$. $There$'$s$ $no$ $workaround$ $or$ $silver$ $bullet$ $to$ $keep$ $it$ $from$ $randomly$ $occurring$. $Some$ $people$ $have$ $had$ $varying$ $success$ $trying$ $different$ $things$ $to$ $avoid$ $the$ $problem$. $None$ $have$ $been$ $proven$ $to$ $work$ $for$ $the$ $majority$ $of$ $people$ $that$ $tried$ $them$.

    The only way to correct the issues is to restart pulseaudio or reboot your TP.
    I haven't had a single audio loss problem since replacing my TP.
  20. #100  
    I lose sound just about every 4 hours on 3.0.2 and about every 6 hours on 3.0.0.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions