Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcanngo View Post
    same issue for me. I'm glad i found this thread. I did the live chat and she said she was not aware of this problem at all. Told me i was the first to have it. I did the full secure erase and the problem still persists.
    That's bad. I did live chat 3 times for this issue. First time I did an app erase, second time I reinstalled the rom (www.palm.com/rom), and the third time support acknowledged that it could be a hardware issue and the TP needed to be returned. My replacement does not have the issue (re-confirmed on post edit date).

NB) The Palm profile backup did an excellent job of re-installing all my apps on the replacement unit - just had to enter my account logins again and copy over music and video.
    Last edited by db3.uk; 08/04/2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcanngo View Post
    same issue for me. I'm glad i found this thread. I did the live chat and she said she was not aware of this problem at all. Told me i was the first to have it. I did the full secure erase and the problem still persists.
    That employee may not be aware of it, but I know several people who have reported the sound issue to HP. HP is aware of it.
    Switch off your mail notification sound, that has worked for me so far, I found that Gmail was sending multiple mails at once resulting in ding,ding,ding inshort order then sounds would stop until reboot.

Barry
    Anyway to reproduce this issue reliably? I am very close with someone who works on most of the audiod software for Palm. I mentioned this to them and they couldn't reproduce the issue by sending emails continuously.
    does anyone know if this is addressed in the 3.0.2 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by jizyjuice View Post
    Anyway to reproduce this issue reliably? I am very close with someone who works on most of the audiod software for Palm. I mentioned this to them and they couldn't reproduce the issue by sending emails continuously.
    Usually happens to me when I take my TP off of Airplane Mode and all my emails come in at once. Maybe try putting it on Airplane Mode, sending yourself a dozen emails and turn off Airplane Mode to see if this will consistently disable the sound.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Since disabling my e-mail notification sound I haven't had the problem anymore. However - I sure miss being notified audibly of my incoming e-mails!
    Okay, i'll let my friend now and try out the airplane mode suggestion.

Thanks!
    Ok, I just lost all sounds on 3.0.2. First time ever. Never lost sound with 3.0.0.
    Rebooting...
    FWIW, I have experienced this problem with webOS 3.0.0 and 3.0.2. I can tell no difference. As described, if I leave the TouchPad running for an extended period, the sound will eventually stop working. Rebooting does get the sound working again. I still have not found a way to restore sound without a reboot (volume up/down, airplane on/off, audio on/off, beats on/off, etc.)
    if you have terminal or developer mode access you can do the following to get sound to come back.

stop pulseaudio
    start pulseaudio

this is a problem where pulseaudio is locked up.
    I can finally reproduce this issue using the airplane mode email thing. Pulseaudio is definitely locked up at this point.

Thanks for the help.
    Any chance someone could write a script to reset pulseaudio (stop/start) and expose it to the launcher?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jizyjuice View Post
    I can finally reproduce this issue using the airplane mode email thing. Pulseaudio is definitely locked up at this point.

Thanks for the help.

You are most welcome. Lets hope we can get a fix for this soon.
    Bug remains in 3.0.2 which is very annoying. My TouchPad has now developed another annoying quirk where hitting shutdown does nothing and subsequent holding of the power button does not bring up the power menu. The only way to reboot is to allow the battery to run down.

As a media device which cannot produce any sound isn't much use, I think it might be time for HP or the retailers to start giving refunds if the bug cannot be fixed.
    Just so you know, you can reboot or shut down your device in the reset options menu in the device info app. You can do the same via the drop-down menu in Preware. The issue you're having is a pretty odd one though. I have to wonder if that one's a hardware or a software defect.
    Disabling sound in my email notification worked for me. Notice issue to be more prevalent after applying 3.02.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    Bug remains in 3.0.2 which is very annoying. My TouchPad has now developed another annoying quirk where hitting shutdown does nothing and subsequent holding of the power button does not bring up the power menu. The only way to reboot is to allow the battery to run down.

As a media device which cannot produce any sound isn't much use, I think it might be time for HP or the retailers to start giving refunds if the bug cannot be fixed.
    You can reboot it by holding the power button + home button for ~15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Just so you know, you can reboot or shut down your device in the reset options menu in the device info app. You can do the same via the drop-down menu in Preware. The issue you're having is a pretty odd one though. I have to wonder if that one's a hardware or a software defect.
    These usually don't work when the TP is behaving like he's described.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Has anyone experienced this problem while Beats Audio was enabled? I have.

BTW, when my sound died, I opened the Dialer and sent a Skype Test Call which re-enables the sound without having to reboot. About 4 hours ago, I disabled Beats Audio and my sound has not died yet!
    My sound dies at least once a day. This is getting old. I bought it from Costco so I have 90 days to return. I don't think I'll exchange it yet unless they get a new batch in.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast