Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarsz View Post
    aye a restart fixes it for me, no big deal as every computer/phone I have ever owned needed restarts.
    Point taken but I tend to draw the line at 3 restarts required to view a 30 minute programme.
    Yeah that would annoy the heck out of me.
    dagnabit1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I want to use the Touchpad as an alarm, and this glitch is not making my boss happy. Resets and preware is nice and all, but it's hard to reset it when the sound dies and I'm asleep

K
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev13Dd View Post
    I want to use the Touchpad as an alarm, and this glitch is not making my boss happy. Resets and preware is nice and all, but it's hard to reset it when the sound dies and I'm asleep

K
    Maybe someone could code a 'watchdog' version that periodically polls to see if the service (or whatever the webOS terminology is) is down and restarts automatically?

My dual plans of mobile media streaming and reading PDFs using the thing are taking a bit of a hit at the moment ...

On the upside the Suduko app is keeping the OH quiet in the evenings
    So sick of going to watch a flash video and wondering why there is no sound.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I had this happen and its quite annoying to say the least.

I'm not sure if it is related or not BUT I uninstalled The volume+ lite patch and it hasn't happened since.

Maybe worth a shoot, try it and leave feedback but for me 2 days later still fine!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by funb0b View Post
    I had this happen and its quite annoying to say the least.

I'm not sure if it is related or not BUT I uninstalled The volume+ lite patch and it hasn't happened since.

Maybe worth a shoot, try it and leave feedback but for me 2 days later still fine!!
    Interesting. I had the problem once, and I had loaded on all the recommended patches, including the volume app. I had to reload from WebOS to get sound again (started off fresh again), and this time, when I loaded on patches, I was more selective. And I thought to myself that I didn't need a volume patch, so I didn't bother. And I haven't had the problem since....
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    My sound went last thursday - was playing angry birds on the train then decided to read some comics, picked up the touchpad the next day an no sound...

vibrate works, sound works through headphones but not through the speakers - so have restarted numerous times still not working....

have been onto HP an they say to remove all app's and data and test - so will probably just restart the thing, do it from fresh to see if it works... will then be selective in relation to packages like you guys and give feedback if I get the sound back...

pretty annoying to say the least. :@
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    oh an tried the stop/start pulseaudio as well, still nothing...
    dagnabit1 likes this.
    I have this problem too and i have to restart as well. havent found another way to do it.
    I just had this problem for the first time today, after having played a long session of robotek *last night. *I restarted robotek *and then closed it, all solved. *Although the max volume returned to the normal max instead of the max after applying the touchpad volume patch. *Not a huge deal. *I suppose uninstalling and then reinstalling the patch would fix that without a reboot.*

,hmm... Maybe not. *At least my keyclick volume isn't right. *Music volume seems good though

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I muted all of my notifications (i.e. email, twitter, Facebook and etc.), since I receive these same notifications on my Pre 2, and that seemed to have cured the intermittent sound problem on my TP. I have been playing music and videos on my Touchpad most of the day today with no problems whatsoever.
    Another suggestion would be to turn off your TP each night, and then restart it the next morning.
    I'm having sound problems to and its a pain in the neck. The problem has occurred multiple times in the last week or so. For some reason I blame it on the browser. A simple Luna restart didn't work for me last time. I had to reboot the device.

This needs a serious fix.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    people with this problem should uninstall the volume patch and see if it helps. Or at least confirm if you have that patch installed.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
    people with this problem should uninstall the volume patch and see if it helps. Or at least confirm if you have that patch installed.
    I still have intermittent sound issues (via the browser only at the moment), no volume patch installed.
    This is an OS level bug. Playing around with apps and settings isn't going to prevent it from happening. The only way to resolve the issue once it occurrs is to reboot you TP, run the PulseAudioRestarter app, or manually restart pulseaudio via cmd line.

Not sure why so many people think this is related to ringtone settings, patches, and what not. This can only be fixed via an OTA update from HP.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    All I know is when I first got my TP, I loaded all the recommended patches, and within a few days I noticed there was no sound. I re-installed from scratch with WebOS to get sound working, but this time did not install all the recommended patches (including volume patch). And now for the last month, no sound problems at all. I use it to watch videos, flash on the web, play games....not sure what I don't do.

Knock on wood. lol
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
    All I know is when I first got my TP, I loaded all the recommended patches, and within a few days I noticed there was no sound. I re-installed from scratch with WebOS to get sound working, but this time did not install all the recommended patches (including volume patch). And now for the last month, no sound problems at all. I use it to watch videos, flash on the web, play games....not sure what I don't do.

Knock on wood. lol
    Ta, I'm going to progressively remove the few patches I have and report back.
    Same problems here. I installed the recommended patches...Figures it has something to do with that?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Here's the list of patches I have installed now.....no sound problems.

Add Thumbnav Controls
    Advanced Reset Options
    Bigger Active Screen When Minimized
    Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    Just Charge By Default
    Make It So
    Max Blocker
    Muffle System Logging
    Private Browsing
    Quiet Powered Messages
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Remove Tap Ripple