Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    My touchpad has lost sound permanently. HP support said this is a known webos bug which they will fix in next release.
    Did you try rebooting?
    Yup....same here.....reset gets the sound back. This doesn't happen often, but has happened 2, maybe 3 times in about 2 weeks.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by trbo823 View Post
    I did the vibration notification and still same problem, sound goes off after TP been on for a while. Reboot is my new best friend now as much as I hate it..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by trbo823 View Post
    Im going to try this and see how it works.
    This worked for me. Put the email notification to
    Mute on 9/2 and I havent lost sound since.
    I completely solved this issue by setting all my alerts(messaging,Email,etc) to vibrate only,... ive never faced this issue since then
    Only App using ringtone is the alarm

Its a good workaround until they fix it
    At least i dont have to restart my TP anymore when i want to watch a video or something like that

Hope that helps
    OK,sorry if this question is really dumb, but how do I set all my alerts to vibrate-only?

Cheers, Josh
    I also have this problem on my Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    There are a different set of volume controls for media vs system sounds.
    glade I found this. . . not exactly obvious that you can adjust sound for each differently--thought maybe a patch was causing issues.

thx
    I'm also having this issue. I've set my email notification to vibrate now, we'll see if that fixes the problem.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    How do you do a skype echo test? I have a skype account. I dial echo123 (3246123) and it just pops up saying Unable to Connect, Invalid Address.
    Happened like multiple times per day for me when I was using my Touchpad. Its things like this HP . . . .
  12. dli
    Hi have this sound problem too, but it doesn't seem to happen when my wifi is off? I turned my wifi off while travelling, and kept it off for a couple of days, the sound stays. When I leave wifi on overnight though, the next morning the sound disappears. Anyone else find this as well?
    How long does it take HP to do a software update then?.
    Has anybody tried turning off Keyboard Clicks? I have been testing this out for a couple of days and have not lost sound at all. Let the board know your experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by diandi View Post
    My touchpad has lost sound permanently. HP support said this is a known webos bug which they will fix in next release.
    I have a family member that lost sound through the speakers completely. When she called HP, they are having her send it in. They told her that se wild get it back in ten days. Maybe they have a reserve of TouchPad to warranty out.

S for me, I hope that the update comes out soon. I'm tired frustrated with restarting my TouchPad all the time.
    same here ...seems to be from alerts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diandi View Post
    any more info about this?
    I'm not going to read through this whole thread, but did anyone post the stop and start pulse audio trick to get sound working again?

If not, you launch Xterm and type "stop pulseaudio" and then hit enter and then type "start pulseaudio" and hit enter. Audio should be working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    I'm not going to read through this whole thread, but did anyone post the stop and start pulse audio trick to get sound working again?

If not, you launch Xterm and type "stop pulseaudio" and then hit enter and then type "start pulseaudio" and hit enter. Audio should be working again.
    Pretty sure typing "stop pulseaudio && start pulseaudio" would work as well into one command.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post

I couldn't get Xterm to work. I ran Xecutah, then I click Xserver and I get a weird screen with a little crosshair that moves wherever I touch the pad. Hitting Xterm does nothing.

I also don't understand how to run the Skype Echo Test.

So I ended up running WebOS Doctor and starting over. At least I have sound again. Who knows how long though.

It's funny, setbacks like these you'd expect from one of the Android ports, not from WebOS.