Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coughdrops View Post
    Or another option is:

This will do both in sequence with just one command

NOTE::: must do them separately.... pulseaudio will not start up correctly and remained muted for me. Stick to separate commands.. Sorry
    Try this instead:

stop pulseaudio && start pulseaudio

Do we have access to cron on the touchpad? If so, it'd be trivial to have this run automatically every 6 hours or so.
    Someone should just make a one button restart "Pulseaudio" app
    I asked for help on this a while ago. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ulseaudio.html

FWIW, hp should have this bug fixed in the next OTA update. Not sure when that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    First, install Xecutah from preware. Then launch Xecutah. Then open Xserver. Then open Xterm. Type the commands in the Xterm card and you're done. This is the only way to access the command line.
    Xecutah is not in Preware, not even in the testing feeds.
    You sure about that? Follow the directions here Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Here's the feed and xecutah is in it.
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv7/
    what works in my case is to pair the palm pre minus and call voicemail. Sound comes back.takes 5 secs.
    My touchpad hasn't arrived and I'm already having flashbacks of the countless times I had no sound do to the headset jack issue... is this something everyone has.a problem with or is it some? And from what I see, turning notifications to vib works? Kinda sucks though, I miss webos notifications.
    I did the vibration notification and still same problem, sound goes off after TP been on for a while. Reboot is my new best friend now as much as I hate it..lol
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Count me in as someone who randomly loses sound. Wish I could pinpoint why

K
    same issue here. Only a reboot fixes
    think I just found a fix/workaround. Set all email notifications to “MUTE”.

I noticed recently that all my emails were set to mute by default when I added accounts so I went and changed them all to “System Sound” and that's when things all went bad. Changed it back to mute and its all back to normal. Its been running fine for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sci05 View Post

I noticed recently that all my emails were set to mute by default when I added accounts so I went and changed them all to “System Sound” and that's when things all went bad. Changed it back to mute and its all back to normal. Its been running fine for a while now.
    I also had problems with system sound, but I am not losing sound when I use vibrate for notifications.
    Can verify that. Had lost the sound couple of times now on my touchpad, everytime it was related to receiving an email. One time I even lost the sound twice in one hour. Rebooting fixes it, but that´s really annoying. Also I can confirm that setting the notifications to mute oder vibration the problem does not seem to occur. Anyhow, I really hope this gets fixed with the next OTA update, it´s really bothering me a bit, as I like having custom sound effects for my email notifactions.
    I set email sound notifications to mute and haven't seen this problem again. Damn annoying though as I want email sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by sci05 View Post

Im going to try this and see how it works.
    Setting my email notifications to 'vibrate' seems to have fixed it for me. It also seems to have extended the battery life while on standby, but that could be complete placebo effect.
    Well I lost my sound as well, and a reboot fixed it. I already had all my email notifications set to mute, so I don't know what caused me to lose sound in the first place. :-/
    I have similar kind of issue too The volume decreases automatically and the TouchPad goes mute. ANy way to fix this problem??
    My brother in law has a TP and he loses sound without having email accounts setup on the TP. Any idea why he would lose sound?
    I am loosing sound as well. Glad I found this thread, cause I was under the impression that my TouchPad is a LEMON
    3putt likes this.