Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    BTW, doing the "Skype echo test" doesn't restore PDK app sounds. Only a reboot or stop/start of pulseaudio.
    For those who continue to lose sound -- I have found that I lose sound if I use a system sound or ringtone for notifications. I do not lose sound if I use a vibrate for notification. HP is aware of the issue.
    german8401 likes this.
    How do you get to the command line for the start stop of pulse audio?
    Quote Originally Posted by jizyjuice View Post
    if you have terminal or developer mode access you can do the following to get sound to come back.

stop pulseaudio
    start pulseaudio

this is a problem where pulseaudio is locked up.
    I have dev mode on.what do I do next?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I have been having no problems using vibrate for notifications. I switched back to system sound a few days ago just to test it out again and I lost sound within a few hours. After that, I switched back to vibrate and rebooted and my sound is holding up just fine.
    I've had mine on mute since day one and regularly lose sound.

I'll try vibrate as you suggest.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I've been using vibrate for email since I found this thread a couple days ago and haven't lost sound since
    okay, this happened to my a lot. Then I removed the increase sensitivity patch and it hasn't happened since. Been two days. Idk if it is the same reason for everyone else or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
    How do you get to the command line for the start stop of pulse audio?
    First, install Xecutah from preware. Then launch Xecutah. Then open Xserver. Then open Xterm. Type the commands in the Xterm card and you're done. This is the only way to access the command line.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    First, install Xecutah from preware. Then launch Xecutah. Then open Xserver. Then open Xterm. Type the commands in the Xterm card and you're done. This is the only way to access the command line.
    thanks for reply. I can't find Xecutah in preware. I looked through each category and the list of everything. I'm not new to preware, but I am new to the touchpad version. Is it available in there?
    Do you have the testing feeds enabled?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrews View Post
    I'm not sure if I've got the same problem, but I lost sound on my new TP today and even a reset doesn't bring it back. Headset sounds is working fine.

Initially I noticed that the volume rocker was changing the "media" volume (the music notes appeared when I changed the volume). Some other changes got this to correctly show the "bell" volume icon, but still no sound through the speakers.

May try the full restore since I don't have much else installed/configured yet.
    Well, I think I may have a hardware problem because when I got home and put the TP in my charging doc I noticed it made a beep, so I though the sound had come back. But I quickly realized that the sound was only coming out of the right speaker (when speakers are at the bottom). Used the WebOS Doctor to restore the OFW but still no sound out of the left speaker.

Used the text chat support option to arrange a replacement, but it's been 36 hours and I still haven't received the promised email with the return instructions (they initially said it would take a couple hours and the next guy I chatted with said up to 24 hours). Guess I'll have to call next time and push a bit harder for some action.
    Got it guys. Thanks. Its the multiple feeds that got me. Couldn't figure out which one.
    I turned on vibrate for email notifications (after using no sound for a month.). within hours i lost sound.

back to no sound/no vibrate for me
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Anyone else having this problem seeing a pulseaudio "failed to create simkninput: too many inputs per sink" error message in logs?
    Quote Originally Posted by jizyjuice View Post
    if you have terminal or developer mode access you can do the following to get sound to come back.

stop pulseaudio
    start pulseaudio

this is a problem where pulseaudio is locked up.
    I'll need to do some testing to confirm that this log message and the loss of sound are indeed related, but perhaps I could work out something that simply watches the log for such a message and restarts pulseaudio if necessary.

I'll see if I can look into this; Of course I'd appreciate any help from anyone with more pulse knowledge than I have (my knowledge here is pretty sparse.)
    Hi guys, my problem is slightly different. The sound is working but when I use for instance Kalemsoftvideo Player to watch a video, the sound is on mute and I need to adjust the volume (up or down) with the button to activate the sound

And this happens every time I watched a different video, even back to back.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephan71 View Post
    Hi guys, my problem is slightly different. The sound is working but when I use for instance Kalemsoftvideo Player to watch a video, the sound is on mute and I need to adjust the volume (up or down) with the button to activate the sound

And this happens every time I watched a different video, even back to back.
    There are a different set of volume controls for media vs system sounds.
    TPwebOS820 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    This worked! I'm pretty sure these two commands can be made into an executable on the TouchPad and we can just click on it to enable sound again.
    Or another option is:

stop pulseaudio & start pulseaudio
    This will do both in sequence with just one command

NOTE::: must do them separately.... pulseaudio will not start up correctly and remained muted for me. Stick to separate commands.. Sorry
    Last edited by coughdrops; 08/29/2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Command did not function when done in sequence
    This is driving me nuts. Leaving the touchpad unattended for 30 minutes, then I come back to no sound. B*llsh*t patch job for pulseaudio.
    german8401 likes this.
    Add me to the list on peeps that are losing audio. Only fix for me was a reboot.