Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Does skype video chat on the TouchPad work from TP to PC?
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    hmmm I should try
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Yes, it does.
    Sprint Love
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for letting me know! That's a huge plus when I buy my touchpad on the 15th!
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    yeah, Skype my wife from the bed while she was on the couch!
    hey, anyone know see I cant see video?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I get a window popping up saying I need to add credit to video Skype, but I can do video Skype for free on my iMac. So why do I need to pay for it using my TouchPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by TPadDay14Me View Post
    I get a window popping up saying I need to add credit to video Skype, but I can do video Skype for free on my iMac. So why do I need to pay for it using my TouchPad?
    sounds like you are trying to dial a number, select the buddy from the chat window instead of the phone app, then the video should start

but I can connect just no video
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I, too, am not pushing video from my Touchpad but can see the video from the other end coming to my Touchpad. Have a support call in with HP and will report back findings when I hook up with them tomorrow.

I have to say I have been very impressed with the helpfullness and willingness of the HP Live Chat folks. This is a great plus with the release of the new Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Video was working for 10 minutes, then just stopped transmitting. Even after rebooting it no longer transmits my video. In the short time it was working the other party said my video was awful - pixelized and laggy.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    I've done video chat well over a few hours. Works perfectly fine. Camera quality is another issue. >.<.
    Topolsky did a continuous video chat with Ruby for a few hours.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    It worked for me to my PC in the office on the same network, although the audio quality was less than desirable on the TP end. I think that streaming two video feeds on the same connection hurt it a bit, but my wife saw and heard the TP fine, and the video quality on the TP was perfect.
    Worked fine yesterday. Then today I had sound issues on all outgoing skype video calls. Incoming calls worked ok. Outgoing calls from my pc worked ok, but from TP no sound.
    I'm just wondering if there is also a Skype app for the Pre2? And on the technical side how do they capture the video from the device? I'm thankful about any information about this, especially the capturing process - you can just contact me via pm. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by theclares View Post
    It worked for me to my PC in the office on the same network, although the audio quality was less than desirable on the TP end. I think that streaming two video feeds on the same connection hurt it a bit, but my wife saw and heard the TP fine, and the video quality on the TP was perfect.
    Ah, good call! I did that too yesterday and was completely dissapointed in the aweful video quality coming from the touchpad. It looked ok but it was insnanely choppy, felt like it was 2003. I'll have to try from a different connection as I am only running 802.11b
    did my first video skype tonight on the TP.... it was a bit dissapointing to be honest. Hoping the update really fixes the video and audio issues. I am not an apple fan but have logged some ipad2 time off and on over the past couple months and have done numerous facetime sessions with my brother in Orlando and it is phenomenal..... if the Touchpad experience was 70% quality of that experience I would be happy...
    My personal experience with Skype on the TouchPad and also my brother in laws experience with his TouchPad, has been pathetic at best. Skype on the TouchPad in it's current state is almost unusable, specially for video.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I cant ever see any video on the touchpad and the person on the other end cant see yhe video either. Whats the issue? Sound is great, but no audio. I push the little video button and it just greys out and nothing happens.
    cccaldwell likes this.
    tap the camera icon after the call connects.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast