Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes
    Skype on the Touchpad has been useless for me. Poor video and echoing/very scratchy audio on the receiving end... I'm forced to use Facetime or Skype on my iPad whenever my parents want to talk and I'd rather be using the touchpad :-(

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Improved webcam for the next installment to the Touchpad family is a MUST. Preferrably HD or better. They might be able to do it now with a update using image stabilization. But when the next one comes, they HAVE to improve.

All the tablets need to improve on this one. I've used the touchpad with my computer and my iphone. Not good at all. How does it match up to the ipad? skype vs. skype, ipad to touchpad?
    Improved webcam for the next installment to the Touchpad family is a MUST. Preferrably HD or better. They might be able to do it now with a update using image stabilization. But when the next one comes, they HAVE to improve.

All the tablets need to improve on this one. I've used the touchpad with my computer and my iphone. Not good at all. How does it match up to the ipad? skype vs. skype, ipad to touchpad?
    Skype on iPad to iPad is great, but nothing even comes close to facetime.

The biggest disappointment with using Skype on the touchpad is that video and audio coming in look and sound great - very smooth, but my audio and video sucks. I've tested this using different routers, on the same network, on different networks, locally, far away, etc. And nothing improves the touchpad Skype quality :-(

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    And still pictures are astounding, but when the TP is in the spotlight, (doing video) it fails to deliver. I wonder where's the problem.

I think it's one of those safety nets that Hp put on the Tp.
    does it work in landscape?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaede View Post
    does it work in landscape?
    Nope it does not.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Did a test side by side with my laptop, the camera isn't very good but the TP can stream near flawlessly. Sound is also good. It'll be pretty much useless until they fix the camera drivers...
    I tried Skype Webcam on the Touchpad- they might as well have pictures instead of video.
    when i push video nothing happens, its so weird...?? really annoying
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapprasath View Post
    Not able to sign in to SKYPE through phone / voice calls
    Not able to sign in to GOOGLE/Yahoo/SKYPE accounts in Messaging app.

Not sure what the issue is
    I just received my touchpad yesterday, did the latest webos update. When trying to set up my account for Skype, I enter in my Skype username and password and hit connect but the touchpad just keeps searching.

I know the skype password is correct because I was able to login into Skype on my PC with no problems.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    Does skype video chat on the TouchPad work from TP to PC?
    Yes it will work, my wife used it to talk to a friend from her TP to friends's laptop.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Is there a way to add multiple accounts or at least make it easier to login every time you want to switch skype users?

It's a pain to delete the account then create another one just to switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Is there a way to add multiple accounts or at least make it easier to login every time you want to switch skype users?

It's a pain to delete the account then create another one just to switch.
    Looks like you can log into as many accounts as you like. Try it

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Really? hmm .. when I tried it .. it gave me a prompt saying

"You can only create one messaging account of this type."

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Really? hmm .. when I tried it .. it gave me a prompt saying

"You can only create one messaging account of this type."

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
    Ahhh, your right. I just tried adding a second skype account and got the same message

Bummer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234