Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I've had no problems with Skype on touchpad... Ever. Have no idea what the problems are about.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I've had no problems with Skype on touchpad... Ever. Have no idea what the problems are about.
    Were all just imagining it.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Were all just imagining it.
    Me too and also all those I have tried to communicate with on Skype using the Touchpad.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I am not a Skype user but my daughter is, so we just tried it. Audio connected fine. We couldn't get the video to work. She was on a Mac and I on a TouchPad.

ET
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Just used Skype on my TouchPad with a PC user. Video of them looked great; don't know what mine looked like to them, but they didn't complain. Their voice sounded crystal-clear to me; they said they were getting an echo (next time I will try a headset).

One anomoly - When I first enabled the Skype account in Accounts on my TouchPad, signed in with the messaging app, and tried to find a Skype user, I had an endlessly spinning circle. The other side sent me an invitiation, and that didn't show up. However, I restarted the TouchPad from Device Info, and both of those problems went away.
    I had to make sure they were running V5.5 of the skype for windows. That solved it for me.
    I am having audio problems, I get no sound from the other person, but they can hear me just fine.
    Tried a video call to a friend with a Samsung Galaxy and it was a no go. Can't figure out how to initiate a video call to start. Audio was amazing, almost like he was sitting next to me. Setup another account on Skype and used a laptop to video call my Touchpad and the video from the Touchpad was pretty pixelated. The laptops video when viewed on my Touchpad was perfect. Hopefully someone can work this out. Even if they have to reduce the frame rate for better picture quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    Tried a video call to a friend with a Samsung Galaxy and it was a no go. Can't figure out how to initiate a video call to start. Audio was amazing, almost like he was sitting next to me. Setup another account on Skype and used a laptop to video call my Touchpad and the video from the Touchpad was pretty pixelated. The laptops video when viewed on my Touchpad was perfect. Hopefully someone can work this out. Even if they have to reduce the frame rate for better picture quality.
    Here's one way to do it:

Go into the Messaging app and click on a Skype buddy name. You'll see a chat window appear to the right. In the top-right corner is a button indicating which messaging protocol you're using. If it's Skype, just tap on that and choose video chat.

That little button holds a lot of powerful function... it will pull information for a person from different places (Skype, AIM, YahooIM, SMS, GTalk, etc) all into one place.

Here's the EASY, webOS way:

Click on the "Just Type" bar and start typing in your friend's name. webOS will find your friend, and list all the ways that you can contact that person. See that Skype name in the list? Long-press it and choose "video call"

webOS is all about just doing what you want to do without having to launch apps.
    lavo96 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by car_cursed View Post
    I am having audio problems, I get no sound from the other person, but they can hear me just fine.
    Same here and this is happening on two different TP's. On the other end is a Dell Win7 laptop.
    Last edited by rstark; 08/30/2011 at 12:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    1,288 Global Posts
    Mac users....make sure you're on the latest version. Mac to touchpad works. Done it between 3 different macbooks

Not able to sign in to SKYPE through phone / voice calls
    Not able to sign in to GOOGLE/Yahoo/SKYPE accounts in Messaging app.

Not sure what the issue is
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    tried TP to TP..voice is very good but video is kinda slow.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    It works fine for me in the UK (TP to Mac book or Iphone 4)
    Mine works great!

TP to Macbook and TP to PC.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just finished a skype video call with my girlfriend. She looked crystal clear on my touchpad with no lag, but she did complain that I looked a little pixelated and had a slight lag. Is my lag due to the small front facing camera or is it a application issue?

-edit- Just like to mention that my internet connection was very good.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Make sure you are in a bright lit room or have a light facing you when on the TP. The camera is average at best, so any extra help it can get does wonders!
    Quote Originally Posted by gapprasath View Post
    Not able to sign in to SKYPE through phone / voice calls
    Not able to sign in to GOOGLE/Yahoo/SKYPE accounts in Messaging app.

Not sure what the issue is
    I had this problem with my skype account in the messaging account. I was able to fix it by deleting the account and re-entering the account information again. It works well now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    I had to make sure they were running V5.5 of the skype for windows. That solved it for me.
    yup, I lost the link but there was a documented issue with the windows version of skype and touchpad, was posted on the skype support site with a hotfix.
    has anyone tried skype on facebook? When I try I get invalid user name.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast