Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    tap the camera icon after the call connects.
    I do. Thats the little video button. What else can I be doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    I cant ever see any video on the touchpad and the person on the other end cant see yhe video either. Whats the issue? Sound is great, but no audio. I push the little video button and it just greys out and nothing happens.
    i recencenty had this issue was well. Had no idea how to fix it so just gave up. I tried incomimg and outgoing calls, but nothing happened after pressing the video button after connecting a call.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Its a known problem with skype. I beleive the full skype client itself has problems when doing a video call from mac to pc... All calls i have made work ok for the other person, they can hear me and see me perfectly but i can only hear them. Their video feed is frozen and shows an inverse color scheme. I tried it with a mac, iphone 4, and ipod touch.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I had an hour long skype video call with someone in India yesterday. Their video looked great, but they claimed my video wasn't very good-looking.

I was on the Touchpad, they were on the PC.
    my dad and I experimented with skype last weekend, as we'd never tried it before. Between my Touchpad and several different laptops (all with Windows 7) at two different places with different wireless routers and found that a single core netbook was barely able to produce video, while a dual core with lots of RAM had pretty decent video, albeit at a slight lag with the audio. The further my Tpad was from the wireless N+ router, the grainier the image. 50MB broadband on one side and 1.5MB on the other side also made a difference.

overall, each leg of the video call appears to have an impact on the quality.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Had another video call today with India. The incoming video from their laptop looked great, but my outgoing video from the Touchpad ended up being pixelated and chunky.

Sound is always an issue with Skype calls unless both parties are wearing headphones. Using the Touchpad was no different. The speaker claimed they could hear an echo of their own voice. The solution is for me to wear headphones.

Tomorrow, I'll try Skyping while wearing a bluetooth headset. That may clear up some of the sound issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    i recencenty had this issue was well. Had no idea how to fix it so just gave up. I tried incomimg and outgoing calls, but nothing happened after pressing the video button after connecting a call.
    do you have a mac or a pc?
    Personally I have given up even trying to use Skype on the TouchPad due tyo it being bad enough to almost not be usable at all.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Personally I have given up even trying to use Skype on the TouchPad due tyo it being bad enough to almost not be usable at all.
    I'm in the same boat for now, the mic is so crazy sensitive it picks up so much background noise it makes the other side freak out on me.

just waiting for the ota...
  10. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    no problems for me --- tPad to PC or tPad to tPad . . . I suspect most of the video quality probs are related to upload speed from the tPad. Only logical idea unless its a hardware problem on that specific tPad ~
    I just tried my Touchpad to the Skype app on an Infuse 4G...no video. This would be a great way for me to watch my nieces and nephews in other cities and states. I hope this can be added, and that webOS gets API's for Fring & Tango.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Used skype Touchpad to PC today. Quality was fine, nothing spectacular but nothing to complain about. Sound was an issue, apparently they could hear an echo from my device, but once I turned down the volume a little it went away. Only thing I'd like is landscape video mode so I could put my Touchpad down and chat!
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I've been using the Touchpad as my primary Skype phone these days. Works great. Usually I wear headphones, but sometimes use a Bluetooth headset.
    Just tried to set it up with my gf's HTC Incredible S. Have audio, but no video on either end. Might as well just call her fwiw. I haven't really used Skype in any capacity before so, maybe I'm missing something obvious, I don't know.

That explains it, only available for Nexus S, Desire S, Xperia neo, Xperia pro according to the website.

After further searching that led to me to some posts on Android Central I found this link that supposedly will enable video calls on Incredible S:

http://www.villainrom.co.uk/SGS2/skype045.php
    Last edited by sledge007; 07/30/2011 at 06:25 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Unfortunately 3.0.2 fixed nothing for Skype and it as useless as it was earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Unfortunately 3.0.2 fixed nothing for Skype and it as useless as it was earlier.
    This was my experience as well.

It's dissapointing cause I am going away this weekend and I was all syked to use Skype to talk to the kids. Oh well.
    All you people having issues with Skype, make sure you are using version 5.3 not 5.5 on Windows desktops (dont know about MACs).
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    All you people having issues with Skype, make sure you are using version 5.3 not 5.5 on Windows desktops (dont know about MACs).
    But how does the desktop version effect TouchPad to Touchpad on Skype? For that too totally sucks. Infact even more so than Touchpad to Desktop (windows). By the way, the Touchpad to Desktop Skype experience is bad with 5.5 and that too with the x.113 update, but then it was bad with 5.3 too.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I originally had some issues with video not always working, but after the 3.0.2 update, it is working fine for me. The video problem that some people are having may be a bandwith issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by N2HPZ View Post
    The video problem that some people are having may be a bandwith issue.
    On the same wifi network, my desktop and laptop seem to do just fine on Skype with the available bandwith. So unless the Touchpad also has wifi bandwith issues, this is a problem with Skype on webOS 3.x.x.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast