Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By tooearly
  1.    #1  
    So, there's been a ton of threads about people having troubles using handbreak to convert videos to play on the TouchPad. I also was in the same boat as other people but have gotten this to work per some guidance of a P|C user.

If people want I can add screen shots and what not but for now I'm just going to do a list of what I've done to make this work and I will also put a sample up so people can test it on their own TouchPad's to make sure it works for them as well.

1. Tools > Options
    2. I unchecked "Always use iPod/iTunes friendly file extension (.m4v) for MP4" (Not sure if it matters or not, didn't test it)
    3. Click Source > Select your video
    4. Select Regular > Normal (Under Presets)
    5. Container should be MP4 File
    6. Under the Picture Tab > Anamorphic: None
    7. Under Audio Tab: Mixdown > Stereo

That's it, click Start and your newly encoded video is on its way. This was a minute and 30 second clip from a 1080p source and it took 2 ish mins to encode. Original size was 80 Megs and after encoding it was 40 Megs.

Here is the clip, you might have to right click > Save As so it doesn't auto play.

http://jpirog.com/TPSampleHD.mp4

I would just like to give a thanks to P|C member danh35 for pointing this out.
    Last edited by tooearly; 07/03/2011 at 05:35 PM.
    Sprint Love
    Someone should sticky this, or make a special thread with a bunch of links to posts like this that explain simple things. Loads of people asking questions that are legit questions but can be found easily if looked for harder.

Also this goes for Pre-/+ && 2 as well. Just change resolution to 480 x 320.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, i've been struggling all day! Thanks!!
    I'm not too interested in re-encoding my xvids. Will handbrake just switch containers?
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Someone should sticky this, or make a special thread with a bunch of links to posts like this that explain simple things. Loads of people asking questions that are legit questions but can be found easily if looked for harder.

Also this goes for Pre-/+ && 2 as well. Just change resolution to 480 x 320.
    +1
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    where do you save it so the touchpad video app sees it - mine can't seem to find the clip once transferred via USB
    First, did you try the clip in my OP?

If yes, did it work?

If no, try it first.

Second, just make any folder on your usb partition. Mine is called Movies.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    First, did you try the clip in my OP?

If yes, did it work?

If no, try it first.

Second, just make any folder on your usb partition. Mine is called Movies.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    tried your clip = no go.

then tried tip given here (i.e. pull USB cord out when done w/o eject, forces it to reindex) that worked

LINK --> http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...t-show-up.html
    can anyone get a full DVD to play - my 320x480 rips work, but it doesn't seem to want to recognize a 720 quality rip (1.5gb) - maybe there's a file size limit?
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    can anyone get a full DVD to play - my 320x480 rips work, but it doesn't seem to want to recognize a 720 quality rip (1.5gb) - maybe there's a file size limit?
    I'll try to do an HD movie sometime this week (when I have the time) and I'll let you know what I figure out.
    Sprint Love