Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I logged in and it said browser not supported, but I hit continue and it works, it even continues playing in the background! Love this!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    and so does the movie streaming!
    What is amazon cloud player? Do you upload your music to it? What is the movie streaming feature?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    the cloud player is a music service where you store all of your music on amazon's severs and can play them back on any device/computer. The movie player is just like netflix for amazon prime members.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    I logged in and it said browser not supported, but I hit continue and it works, it even continues playing in the background! Love this!
    the cloud player is a music service where you store all of your music on amazon's severs and can play them back on any device/computer. The movie player is just like netflix for amazon prime members.
    Thanks for the tip! I'm playing it now. I think an app for this would be cool; have it preloaded with your password and you're good to go with the press of a button. But it's not exclusive to Prime members, because I'm not and I access it just fine.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    For U.S. Customers only. No Canadian love.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    while we wait for amazon or HP to write an app, you can just bookmark your cloud player's home page. Works, I don't need to re-login each time and only requires three taps.
    Thanx for the tip!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    i did not get the error this morning when going tk the cloud player.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Look at this interesting url when I tried to use amazon's mp3 downloader.

developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.amazon.music.webos.downloader&code=IL

its apparently a place holder for an app, just like the hp movie play and kindle.
    In addition to what was already mentioned, there is an Amazon Cloud Player app for PC's, Mac, & iPad to access your files. And for Android, it is included in the Amazon MP3 app.

I'm sure one is in the works for the Touchpad with Jon Rubenstein being on the board at Amazon.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Rdio and Google Music Beta works well in the browser as well.
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G
    Does anyone know the bit rate at which amazon offers their mp3 and cloud services these? Still 256? I would hope that one of these days they offer a lossless option. People would dive all over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    Does anyone know the bit rate at which amazon offers their mp3 and cloud services these? Still 256? I would hope that one of these days they offer a lossless option. People would dive all over that.
    Yes, it is still 256.
    Amazon streams at whatever the bit rate of the file you have stored is but if it's an mp3 from Amazon then it's most likely 256.

Also, Amazon offers a lossless option for purchase, they're called CDs. They even have some vinyls!