Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    my music simply will not show up in the music player on my Touchpad. <<mod delete>> I installed the gemini program, found where the music was, and played it from there 'streaming' from the device itself. That's the only way its worked so far. Luckily I have Pandora, so, its nit a big deal right now.
    anyone else struggling with this????
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/04/2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: language
    Hello -

I was hit by this issue too for music and photos, after engaging with live chat palm support for an hour I figured out a work around (entirely on accident)

For me I am running linux and using basic USB file copy to my Touchpad, so this may not apply if your using another OS.

What I do now, is after I am done copying the files to the Touchpad, I use the 'sync' command to flush the file system buffers then I unplug the touchpad(WITHOUT unmounting it), which causes the "OW!! That hurt!" message to show up on the touchpad, shortly after that the indexer kicks in and everything shows up.

Doing a real, graceful unmount of the touchpad (where it does not say "OW!!") results in no new files being detected for me. every. single. time. Though in all cases I can view the images in gemini file manager, and can play the music in audiophile which confirms the files are there and the data is good, it's just whatever process indexes the data for the built in apps has some bugs in it. (copying data and doing graceful unmount has worked fine for me on my Palm Pre-)

I wrote about it in more depth here - HP Touchpad – first thoughts and tips TechOpsGuys.com
    cyberprashant likes this.
    Give the music indexer some time to find the new music on your device. Just try again some hours after transferring new files to your Touchpad.

Workaround: It seems, that music put into the "music" folder is recognized immediately.
  4.    #4  
    hmmmm...I Will give those a try. Thanks guys!
  5.    #5  
    well, ripping it out didnt seem to work.maybe thats just a linux theme. I didnt realize it really said 'ow! That hurts'
    awesome.
    not working for me. Even used HP Play to sync and a reboot... Still no music
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    not working for me. Even used HP Play to sync and a reboot... Still no music
    Try connecting to your PC again and pulling the USB connection without ejecting the drive. That's what worked for me. You get the "OWW...that hurt" message but it recognized my songs after.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    Try connecting to your PC again and pulling the USB connection without ejecting the drive. That's what worked for me. You get the "OWW...that hurt" message but it recognized my songs after.
    Well whatayknow. That worked. I didn't see the logic in it so I didn't try it before but for some reason it works. The HP Music app starts a spinning circle this time and it starts reading all the songs. Weird! Heck, now even my videos show up.
    my music shows up, but won't play. great
    DCFlyer likes this.
    Ok. Disconnecting ungracefully seems to have kicked my touchpad into displaying the music and videos. Unfortunately, now I have all my album art appearing in both the music app and in my pictures and videos app. any way to get rid of that stuff from the pics&videos app? i can delete the pictures, but, i can't find a way to delete all the albums that those pics are in. to get the music on the touchpad, i copied/pasted the directory/subdirectories/.mp3 files from my computer via usb. could that be the issue, that i copied the \artist\album\files structure instead of just \album\files?
    Quote Originally Posted by natepre509 View Post
    Hello -

I was hit by this issue too for music and photos, after engaging with live chat palm support for an hour I figured out a work around (entirely on accident)

For me I am running linux and using basic USB file copy to my Touchpad, so this may not apply if your using another OS.

What I do now, is after I am done copying the files to the Touchpad, I use the 'sync' command to flush the file system buffers then I unplug the touchpad(WITHOUT unmounting it), which causes the "OW!! That hurt!" message to show up on the touchpad, shortly after that the indexer kicks in and everything shows up.

Doing a real, graceful unmount of the touchpad (where it does not say "OW!!") results in no new files being detected for me. every. single. time. Though in all cases I can view the images in gemini file manager, and can play the music in audiophile which confirms the files are there and the data is good, it's just whatever process indexes the data for the built in apps has some bugs in it. (copying data and doing graceful unmount has worked fine for me on my Palm Pre-)

I wrote about it in more depth here - HP Touchpad first thoughts and tips TechOpsGuys.com
    The Touchpad won't start a search for new files if it is un-mounted using the "Safely Remove" option on your computer. In Linux and in Windows 7 the best way to properly un-mount the Touchpad is to use "Eject" instead of "Safely Remove". If you hook the Touchpad back up to your computer and use "Eject" it should re-index correctly. Be sure to wait for the Touchpad to go back to the home screen before removing the USB cable.
    Got it. Just had to 'unhide' operating system files on my computer and i saw a bunch of .jpg files under each directory. Deleted all the .jpg files from (a copy of) my music directories and i'm good to go.
    AudiophileHD uses it's own indexer in addition to the stock indexer and should be able to find any music files that the stock player doesn't.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    The Touchpad won't start a search for new files if it is un-mounted using the "Safely Remove" option on your computer. In Linux and in Windows 7 the best way to properly un-mount the Touchpad is to use "Eject" instead of "Safely Remove". If you hook the Touchpad back up to your computer and use "Eject" it should re-index correctly. Be sure to wait for the Touchpad to go back to the home screen before removing the USB cable.
    Apparently, it works this way for Windows XP too. I followed the above advice and unplugged without safely removing and, while my music then showed up, safely removing did not work from then on - I still got the "Ow" message every time. WebOS help said I have to first had to eject from My Computer, then use the safely remove hardware utility in the systray.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    hey thanks for that this solution worked for me :-) Happy camper :-)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Had the same issue & fixed it - with a proper disconnect from the pc - by moving the files to a folder in the Download directory on the TP. Opened the music app & it indexed instantly & plays fine now.
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
  17. CFC
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    This is what worked for me as well. Using "Eject" under "My Computer" (Windows 7), and waiting for the TP to get out of USB mode by itself and then pulling out the cable. That is the method HP expects you to take as well according to the help section.

CFC
    So I've been downloading music to my touchpad using the "download instead of stream" patch. It involves some file name changing via internals pro but in theory it works.

Problem is, at first, there seemed to be no trouble with my music player (default) recognizing new files, however, all of the sudden any new music I download is not showing up in the music player. Not really sure how this happened.

Any ideas would be appreciated...
    Sorry I can't help with this issue but downloading mp3 in TP is just a PITA!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast