Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jcrackbert
  • 1 Post By MeltedwireAC
  1.    #1  
    I love my Touchpad, but I'm concerned with an issue I am experiencing. When I press (even lightly) on the back of the Touchpad, the screen flexes at two distinct points. It is most noticeable on a backlit, black screen such as the boot screen. Is anyone else having this issue?

    Please see the youtube link below for a video of the issue (sorry for the poor quality video). I simply set the Touchpad on a flat surface and pressed lightly along the bezel while on the boot screen.

    Last edited by jbertovi; 07/03/2011 at 03:57 PM.
  2. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #2  
    don't squeeze the TP (Charmin)
  3. #3  
    Ya know, if you are having an issue take it back! Don't post it on youtube so we have to defend even more <<mod delete>> about this! This is the crap that happened with the Pre, someone gets a tiny scratch they inflicted and they took it back claiming it had an oreo!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/03/2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: language
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Ya know, if you are having an issue take it back! Don't post it on youtube so we have to defend even more <<mod delete>> about this! This is the crap that happened with the Pre, someone gets a tiny scratch they inflicted and they took it back claiming it had an oreo!
    OK <<mod delete>>. I asked the question to see if I should take it back before my 14 day return period. If it is a widespread issue, it should be known. There's no sense in defending a <<mod delete>> product if there is a definite problem.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/03/2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: language
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    OK <<mod delete>>. I asked the question to see if I should take it back before my 14 day return period. If it is a widespread issue, it should be known. There's no sense in defending a <<mod delete>> product if there is a definite problem.
    Not experiencing this problem at all on mine.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/03/2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: language in quoted text
  6. #6  
    It isn't a <<mod delete>>(did it for you) device. I am just saying if we want this device to get some traction why post crap on youtube? I will defend what I said till the end. If you want to know if it is wide spread try reading or posting here not youtube!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    It isn't a <<mod delete>>(did it for you) device. I am just saying if we want this device to get some traction why post crap on youtube? I will defend what I said till the end. If you want to know if it is wide spread try reading or posting here not youtube!
    FYI, the video is not searchable. You need the link to view it...aka....posting to this forum only!
    MeltedwireAC likes this.
  8. #8  
    Ok, thank you for making that clear, I give you credit for that!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  9. #9  
    Oh and welcome to the community, sorry for the passionate display, but this gets frustrating...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Oh and welcome to the community, sorry for the passionate display, but this gets frustrating...
    No problem and no hard feelings. I just want to get the issue resolved before my return period if it pertains specifically to my device.

    I, like you, want the Touchpad and WebOS platform to succeed. Other than this, I absolutely love the device and OS.
  11. #11  
    I would return it, but I really think it is isolated. Thanks, for being cool about my rant!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    jcrackbert likes this.
  12. #12  
    Joshua toposki said in his review thay the case is a bit squeaky. The inside of the device is not as tight. So this maybe one of the side effects. It should not affect day to day use, and I am mot sure replacement would be different.

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  13. #13  
    i think someone else had posted that the glass wasnt flush at one of the corners... have you checked to see if that is the case with yours?

    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    No problem and no hard feelings. I just want to get the issue resolved before my return period if it pertains specifically to my device.

    I, like you, want the Touchpad and WebOS platform to succeed. Other than this, I absolutely love the device and OS.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i think someone else had posted that the glass wasnt flush at one of the corners... have you checked to see if that is the case with yours?
    I saw that post. The glass is flush along the border. No problems there. Thanks.

Posting Permissions