Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gr82b
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I went to BB today and was pretty much sold on buying the TP. I currently use an iPad, but much prefer the webOS experience. However, I noticed an issue when scrolling, but they only had one TP on display so I could not confirm all TP's are like this.

For example, when reading this forum on your TP, when scrolling to read more of the page, does it appear the text is refreshing? I noticed I cannot read the text when scrolling slowly. On my iPad, I can still read the text when scrolling. I do not mind the occasional lag, or lack of apps, the TP out of the box does 90% of what I need it to do. But, the jumpy text when scrolling and the inability to read until I stopped scrolling, is kind of a big deal to me.

Anyone else notice this, or is this just potentially one defective TP? It would be great if anyone else who also has an iPad can compare the two...

I really hope this was just this one unit. If not, is this something a software update could potentially fix, or is this a hardware limitation on the particular display?

Thanks!
    it's a bit blury.
    yea, its a bit blurry, but I dont see the "refreshing" you are talking about. Maybe it was the poor Wifi connection at the store.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  4.    #4  
    Refreshing is probably a poor description on my part. I'd say blurry and jumpy probably better describes it. Any thoughts if a software update could fix it?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I'm seeing a little blur but only when I roll quickly. Certainly no stutter. Try restarting the TP you're using. If that fixes the issue for you then I'd say a software update could fix it, if you alert HP to the problem.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    its alot like the scrolling on the phones. I never really noticed it now until the touchpad.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

7.    #7  
    Does everyone else just scroll, stop, and then read? I have a habit of slowly scrolling and reading as I go and I just can't see doing that on the TP. I was hoping it was just a bad display unit... :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by nospleen View Post
    Does everyone else just scroll, stop, and then read? I have a habit of slowly scrolling and reading as I go and I just can't see doing that on the TP. I was hoping it was just a bad display unit... :-(
    Me personally, I stop and then read. But maybe it will be an issue for enuff people that they make a patch or update for it. You know these homebrewers love performing miracles

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    You may be seeing these effects because the GPU is not yet fully integrated yet. See the post at:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3010970

There are other posts that discuss HP's first OTA update and the high likelihood that this issue will be included as a priority. There's been a high amount of flaming, I told you so's and troll-related crap flying around about this and everything else.

If it's a deal-breaker for you but most of the other features are OK in your view, I'd recommend holding off on a purchase until the update is out and assessed by others. Of course that means a bit of patience which, for some, is an alien concept. In my case, I was totally impatient to buy one - so I accepted the prospect that there will be improvements and optimizations down-stream that I will have to tolerate.

I'm old (way old, actually) enough to realize that there are trade-offs in most decisions and that this is an imperfect world. For me, webOS simply offers the only mobile platform that matches the way I work and think.
    KCTraveler likes this.