Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

all 9 new ads packed in one video:

plus the first one again:

Source: PreCentral front page article

I think these are great, I really like how this guy explains webOS the funny british way!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/03/2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Changed source
    yea these are good. They just need to get them on tv now.
    A bit too obnoxious and dumb for me.

It's obvious he doesn't even care about it much it's just line reading.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    "It's obvious he doesn't even care about it much it's just line reading."

You are kidding right How many celebrities really care about the products they are pitching. All they care about is getting those checks in the mail.
    The spots do at least show off the features of webOS that help differentiate it from the rest of the tablet market, that's hugely important right now.
    You know I wanted to like these but wow, they really suck.

If you have no idea what touchpad or yet webOS is, these vids don't really explain anything *well*.

Even with true multitasking, it shows him navigating and flicking in all of what seems like 3 seconds. Same for notifications. A good close-up (and I mean really close-up) would have been nice. Just Type was confusing as it can be. He types something and it ends up in a memo app? How about looking for something (be it "Katy" or whatever) and as he types each letter, the screen changes as it finds matches and also shows the options of going to google, imdb, etc. Synergy needs to be better explained and actually show gmail, exchange, yahoo email accounts separately, then show them all together in one place; same for calendar which they didn't mention at all. With touchstone he just talks about it - how about showing low battery icon, fiddle for a usb wire, but then actually remembering he doesn't need it and placing the unit on a touchstone (and also show off the BT keyboard)?

The only commercial that got anything through to me was the "Entertainment" one.
    IcerC likes this.
    yeah but if you're gonna pay someone to push your product and write them a big fat check, should try to sound like your not reading a script.

I must be getting old... dont even know who he was and after seeing the vid with the piano, could care less. Is he an A-List star?

Geez they got Gwen Stefani to do an hp ad... couldnt get her?! Fergie's done one. and those ads were sexy... they made the hp product they were pushing sexy. Brands... ugly. And holding a TP didnt make it look sexy i'll tell ya

They want british they could have gotten The Stig... he would have been funnier without having to say a word.

Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    "It's obvious he doesn't even care about it much it's just line reading."

You are kidding right How many celebrities really care about the products they are pitching. All they care about is getting those checks in the mail.
    They don't even show the touchstone for the touchstone ad. "Turns out I just bought a hoooover craaft"

It's annoying and would love a good ad. An apple ad but better because WebOS is amazing in it's self. These are just childish.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    laoh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    They want british they could have gotten The Stig... he would have been funnier without having to say a word.
    LOL.
    I vote for Pippa Middleton
    rot likes this.
    Noooo, this marketing is genius and people just don't understand it...the folks making these videos are pitching out millions and they are good at their job. I think this is going to be a major success of a campaign.
    omg just thinking of those horrible british teeth in that TP ad... just ugly.
    what a way to show off screen resolution and clarity with rotten teeth!!
    Trying not to think of TP with horrible teeth. I rather think of the borg lady.

Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    They don't even show the touchstone for the touchstone ad. "Turns out I just bought a hoooover craaft"

It's annoying and would love a good ad. An apple ad but better because WebOS is amazing in it's self. These are just childish.
    oh yes... would be much better. webosfan12... if there are people that can't understand, than you missed an opportunity. fergie ad or gwen ad... i dont think anyone has any problem in understanding Again, I must be just getting old and not part of the hip stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    LOL.
    I vote for Pippa Middleton
    rot likes this.
    Showing off all the features in extreme detail will not win the Touchpad success. Showing that it can do what you really want to do as simply as possible and with a touch of humor that I find brilliant and I'm sure many people will as well...Comedy is dependent on timing and the way they cut him off at the end of each of these little segments is genius timing, this will be a good campaign.
    brum likes this.
    Actually I've liked the new Samsung Galaxy 10.1 ads. And seemed like the other day that they had been showing up whenever I was watching television and seemed like they are pushing hard.
    I feel like the Galaxy Tab is marketing a lot to enterprise but the android UI isn't really as useful in a business setting as something like the Touchpad or the Playbook.
    he was adlibbing some of those lines, having fun with selling the product. I enjoyed them.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    These ads are BRILLIANT! Even my technophobe wife was entertained and informed.

We've come a long way baby! Remember the Borg Queen commercials?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    de_great and brum like this.
    Overall very nice, highlights the strong points about webOS. Though the "Full Web" and Touchstone one could use a little more live action demoing.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    man, you Americans are such Prudes. :P

Thought the ads were hilarious and informative.
    leobloom likes this.
    I have no idea who Russell Brand is or what might have made him famous(?) but I really like the commercials.
    brum likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast