Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    man, you Americans are such Prudes. :P

Thought the ads were hilarious and informative.
    I think having more prunes in my diet is a good thing, so thank you, yes, I am such a prune!

What's that...prude? Oh, that's very different...

Sometimes we Americans tend to be prudish...but I thought they were pretty funny. Would I say everything Russell would say? No, but he does a pretty good job, makes me a little 'green' or 'blue' in the face with some of his more outrageous statements, but in these ads, pretty funny. It would be funny to see Katy Perry walk up and say "who's that band you're listening to?"
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

this commercial seems much more amazing to me.

Put a webos tablet in that commercial and it would be better imo.
    Last edited by IcerC; 07/03/2011 at 04:56 PM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by oswego View Post
    I have no idea who Russell Brand is or what might have made him famous(?) but I really like the commercials.
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post

+1.

So it appears to be advertising from different angles. webOS is about how you get there, Samsung's approach is what you can do once you get there.

So switching cards, opening up apps... that's the HP angle. Samsung angle is, the app's already open. Now snap away, video conference away, surf away, and photo away... all while claiming better hd screen (b/c it does have higher res screen), presentations (video out), they specifically point out having adobe flash, which is a pain point every ipad/iphone owner knows about, and it has a guy taking a photo of skyscrapers and dude taking a video of horses running using the rear camera (lacking on TP), all while claiming to be thinner (b/c it is), lighter (b/c it is), and better (who can argue after seeing this video). Ok, they did go overboard on "better multitasking" but who cares... just say it and the consumers will believe it.

I liked this Tab commercial alot.

These commercials are good but HP is going with a more down-to-earth approach, with humor.
    Oh man, some of you guys are so annoying. Nothing ever pleases you.

What do you guys want, an ad with a boring voice telling you the specs of the device? I really enjoyed the ad, it keeps people's attention. "Oh, did Russell say that was a TouchPad? Let me go check it out". That is the reaction we want, not the "quick, its an ad, change the channel".
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    brum likes this.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Perhaps it's American style but I feel the Samsung ad to me sounds a little try hard. Here me out but the over confident voice is in similar vein to Apples but Apple's are quitely confiedent. It's like Sammys whole ad is trying really hard to show how good it is (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Though everyone has their own patiality, I do like the down-to-earth riduculous nature of HPs stuff. It's the sort of thing you show your mates cos it's entertaining - that's a good thing, because they are reaching peoples eyes. Sharing a feature packed ad that is just that, is much less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I liked this Tab commercial alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    These commercials are good but HP is going with a more down-to-earth approach, with humor.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12