Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have dived into the TouchPad cpu code and noticed that currently the TouchPad is maxed out at 1188000mhz.

If you remeber correctly the Palm Pre was downclocked to 500mhz allowing me to overclock it to 600mhz and to build an app CPUScalerUltimate to handle all of that for you. Well the touchpad is already maxed out so there is not much I can do.

At this point it is time to call unixpsycho of webosinternals and get him working on a new kernel that allows frequencies above 1188000mhz. I am thinking 1.5-1.8Ghz sounds nice.

Code:
    root@CaseysPalmDevice:/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats# cat time_in_st
    ate 
    192000 8382234
    384000 17061
    432000 2708
    486000 3072
    540000 2715
    594000 2437
    648000 1277
    702000 1256
    756000 1220
    810000 1059
    864000 1252
    918000 958
    972000 751
    1026000 712
    1080000 582
    1134000 544
    1188000 339065

Sorry,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    milominderbinde likes this.
    For me, the touchpad is pretty quick, snappy, and very responsive. While I would still like to overclock just because it can be done, it really isnt high on my priority list since I really dont need it like I do on my Sprint Pre. Regardless, keep up the good work and keep em coming!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Since the Touchpad should be fast enough undervolting will be the way to go for me.
    I also think, that we won't need any overclocking.

What we need is streamlined webOS code, so the reported lags stop soon. But when this is done, that's it.
    I read in a prior thread saying factory clock of this cpu is 1.5ghz. Is this correct?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    not something I'd like to have anytime soon . . . my tPad seems to be doing fine for speed; I'm still learning my way around without the gestures that have been become part of my webos normalcy.
    Shrubber likes this.
    Don't need it, thanks for looking though. The Touchpad seems great to me
    dajlol77 likes this.
    I've noticed quite a bit of lag on my touchpad gets very sluggish after using it for a while and this is with minimal apps open I would definitely want to overclock mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by fsierra44 View Post
    I've noticed quite a bit of lag on my touchpad gets very sluggish after using it for a while and this is with minimal apps open I would definitely want to overclock mine!
    Thats sounds more like memory leaks. OC may not help, wait for bug fix.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    2GHz seems easy, do we need it... NO "but we want it"

only issue I see is, the touchpad will still have its laggy areas until the code is fixed and the GPU is fully utilized.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    You guys are kidding me. Nobody ever needs overclocking. I always overclock whenever, wherever, as high as it can go. It's my device, why would I want it to be running slower than it is actually capable of? Warranties are for chicks. =P
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

The touchpad scales frequency out of the box...that is a good thing....

pj
    I'm pretty sure the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8x60 / APQ8060 chipset in the TP runs up to 1.5 GHZ without overclocking. Seems that HP is lowering the ceiling a bit? I would think homebrew dev will remedy this.

http://www.qualcomm.com/documents/fi...duct-brief.pdf
    The big thing that I want is Govna. I don't need overclocking but what I do want is smarter clocking. I want to clock the CPU down to 800Ghz (or lower) when the screen is off and dynamically scale it to fit my current needs with what I am doing at the time. It sounds like I could easily get a full day out of a TouchPad. But when we get the battery lasting just about 2 days, that will be awesome.

However, sense the actual chip is supposed to run at 1.5 Ghz I would love to be able to do so, but only have it automatically go that high when I need it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    phil71 and feltmoney like this.
    webos 3.x just needs to be tuned,optimized...even ruby acknowleges it. Need for speed hot pursuit plays nice awesome graphics!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    You guys are kidding me. Nobody ever needs overclocking. I always overclock whenever, wherever, as high as it can go. It's my device, why would I want it to be running slower than it is actually capable of? Warranties are for chicks. =P
    To conserve the battery.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure we will be able to (over)clock it to 1,5 GHz as, like it's stated here already, the chipset should be able to run at 1,5 GHz out of the box. There's already a 1,5 GHz version rumored with the same hardware (and more memory).
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    govnah is already ready to go for tp. just need to add in the testing feeds.
    It is possible that we may see a 1.5Ghz addition with our OTA update coming soon.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I read in a prior thread saying factory clock of this cpu is 1.5ghz. Is this correct?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I am far from an expert here, I think what number1pete is referring to is the factory kernel. The Pre was clocked in the factory kernel to run 500 mhz normally, but speed up to 600 mhz when it was told to (PDK games). This made it so the kernel was already there to support what pete was doing. This is why he said we would need to see custom kernels.

So the actual CPU is capable of 1.5 (from Qualcomm specs), but the current kernel only allows for the 1.2. Thus needing a custom kernel (or the 4G kernel) to run at 1.5.

Like I said, no expert here, but that is how I am taking this post until someone tells me I'm wrong.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast