1.    #1  
    Is it me or can you only change the wallpaper by going into the screen settings? You should be able to assign it from the photos app or the web too?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I couldn't figure it out either. I assume it was an oversight.

I worked around it by posting the pic I wanted on photobucket and then bringing it up on the TP's browser. From there you can hold your finger down on the pic and bring up a menu that includes "set as wallpaper."
    To set wallpaper you are correct it can't be done through the Photo application. Instead you need to go to the screen and lock application and set the wallpaper there.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    is this a temporary situation, I hope? If not I will be severely disappointed, to see all the little user experience touches that makes webOS so wonderful slowly being dismantled and thrown away.
    It will be a temporary situation until we have the patch for that (hint hint ) I agree, its just bad not being able to set wallpaper from the photo app.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    To set wallpaper you are correct it can't be done through the Photo application. Instead you need to go to the screen and lock application and set the wallpaper there.
    Thanks for this! I was trying to figure this out too. Like the others here, I agree that this feature naturally belongs in the Photos & Videos app. But because now whatever photo you choose will orient itself however you hold your TouchPad, you have to think about what shot you use that'll work ideally as your wallpaper. I choose a group photo, but when I hold my TPad portrait style, friends on the left and right get cropped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    But why? No offense, but why does each new itteration of webOS seem to keep reducing functionality instead of adding to it? This has been the case with all webOS updates since 1.4.5 or should I say since HP took over. It's almost as if someone is intentionally sabotaging webOS.
    I'll take a look at possibly patching this over the next week. I have to tweak some of my own apps first though.
    Definitely a step back but not a big deal.