Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    HAs anyone tried the VPN login. I am planning on buying 32 GB TP, this function is vital. I am glad it is available out of box, but didnot want to enter any Citrix passwords in BB
    I've tried it and it works. Unfortunately I can't find an app that would let me browse network files yet.
    Rich Coralli likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    What is the VPN function? My company uses a VPN for work-from-home, so it'd be great to be able to do that on the TP. On the other hand, I'm looking for a way to RDP to my desktop for things like Quicken or monitoring the kids' web browsing.

Either of these handled, or do you need a network with a specific VPN setup?
    I can connect to my VPN using VPNC and my company's Cisco settings. Only issue is that I use a SecurID token and my password is comprised of my passphrase + the six-digit random number. webOS wants to save my password instead of asking me every time I connect.

A preferred way would be to allow users to enter their password every time instead of storing it.

I get my company's default message when I log in, so I know I'm connecting, but at the moment I can't connect to any internal resources. Still looking into that aspect.
    works good for my standard VPN, but no support for OpenVPN type configurations with cert and key files leaves me in the hard on cloud based access for work.

Hopefully openVPN setup comes soon.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Does it work with VNC, like REAL VNC server?
    I created a profile for my work VPN using the vpnc option. The VPN is a cisco ipsec setup and while the connection works fine the DNS servers for my work network aren't set meaning that I cannot connect to anything via name. Has anyone else experienced the same issue and is there a fix for it? Also does anyone know if HP plans to add support for other VPN types, specifically juniper ssl VPN systems?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjabram View Post
    I can connect to my VPN using VPNC and my company's Cisco settings. Only issue is that I use a SecurID token and my password is comprised of my passphrase + the six-digit random number. webOS wants to save my password instead of asking me every time I connect.

A preferred way would be to allow users to enter their password every time instead of storing it.

I get my company's default message when I log in, so I know I'm connecting, but at the moment I can't connect to any internal resources. Still looking into that aspect.
    My work does something similar. I haven't gotten my touchpad yet, but I'd like to get it to work so I can use it to view internal websites while in meetings.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have been trying the Cisco AnyConnect VPN and have not gotten it to work yet into my company's network. Getting a "no license" error.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I was able to connect to my company's Cisco AnyConnect VPN without any problem and was able to get to various web-based services. Specifically, I was able to get to the web UI for HP Performance Center (an enterprise load testing tool), which seemed to work fine.

I definitely would like to see applications for accessing SMB file shares as well as for SSH and Windows Remote Desktop. Right now, the VPN is nice, but of pretty limited use, at least for me.

-Jeff
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Got it working just fine and was able to pull up an internal sharepoint site.
    Not to sound like a noob... but whats VPN?
    you just rang the magic Sharepoint bell for me. Can you elaborate on any deeper functionality within like work flows, site management tasks and checking out any documents/spreadsheets? If I can vpn in and access our internal sharepoint sites I might not even need full Citrix access.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    I have been trying the Cisco AnyConnect VPN and have not gotten it to work yet into my company's network. Getting a "no license" error.
    I got the same thing when trying to use Cisco AnyConnect VPN, which I know we have up and running.

When I manually configured using the VPNC option, I was able to get it working.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Noah View Post
    Not to sound like a noob... but whats VPN?
    A VPN is a Virtual Private Network. It is an encrypted connection via the Internet between two endpoints that allow each other's connection. It is used to connect remote workstations into corporate networks. Check out the Wikipedia page - Virtual private network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I didnt really try doing anything on the sharepoint site, just confirmed the vpn worked. I'll play around with it later and see what I can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjabram View Post
    I use a SecurID token and my password is comprised of my passphrase + the six-digit random number.
    I had no idea you could do this with a SecurID token. Looking forward to trying this when I get home with my VPN!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    So far I haven't been able to connect to my university's VPN, but I plan on straightening it out early this week so I can use it while traveling. Hopefully there will be some informative logs to look at once I get preware loaded.
    I tried the VPN with our Cisco AnyConnect and it works great...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast