Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I had such a hard time getting my android tablet to connect to our Cisco VPN at work. With my touchpad it took 3 seconds!
    Anyone get PPTP to work?

I keep getting:

Connection Error
    Connection Failure: Disconnected From VPN Server
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Anyone get PPTP to work?

I keep getting:

Connection Error
    Connection Failure: Disconnected From VPN Server
    Are you connecting to a router running a VPN server? If so, you may need to force encryption. I was getting same error connecting to VPN running on a linksys router running DD-WRT and looking through the DD-WRT wiki, discovered that I had to force encryption.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I am also having issues. Has anyone been able to get pptp or l2tp to work?
    If you need PPTP VPN connectivity, HP has placed an app in the official app catalog called "PPTP VPN" (surprise). It adds PPTP as a 3rd option in your VPN drop down box. My company first had me download this app before attempting to connect to our VPN. It works like a charm.

I will agree with another post that complained about the VPN application storing the password when using a SecureID key generator. Perhaps someone could create a patch that would prompt for the password each and every connection to accomodate the SecureID crowd. My company created a separate app that basically works the same way. It's just a VPN launcher and makes the password a required field every time.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    I have been trying the Cisco AnyConnect VPN and have not gotten it to work yet into my company's network. Getting a "no license" error.
    This is easy. Your company didn't pay extra for the mobile license required...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesus View Post
    This is easy. Your company didn't pay extra for the mobile license required...
    Yes, this. I use Cisco AnyConnect to access the VPN on my desktop. However I was surprised to find out when trying to set up VPN manually on my iPhone that a company has to buy a license for mobile versions of AnyConnect to be able to access it.

I'm having a different problem with the TouchPad. I'm also able to log onto my network via IPsec. Now as I understand it VPNC, which the TouchPad supports, is supposed to connect to IPsec. But I can't actually figure out what to do. I don't think I need to enter a username and password because the VPN uses certificate authentication, but I'm not sure how to say so. Also, I don't know any Group ID or Group Secret. As far as I can tell, these settings aren't in any of the configuration info from my other VPN apps.

Am I misunderstanding, or is there some way to set up the TouchPad VPN for this purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by lespedeza View Post
    Are you connecting to a router running a VPN server? If so, you may need to force encryption. I was getting same error connecting to VPN running on a linksys router running DD-WRT and looking through the DD-WRT wiki, discovered that I had to force encryption.
    I got it to work but I had to create a new VPN account to get it to work. Weird.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Let me rephrase the question.

Has anyone gotten the Cisco VPN to work correctly, using a secureID token for login?
    Is it possible to use VPNC on Touchpad to connect to Sonicwall VPN?
    Has anyone connected the Touchpad to a AVM Fritzbox Router ? (very popular in germany).
    I tried to connect - but it fails evrytime. My Iphone connects succesfully.
    I have setup my VPN and it gets connected ,now my question is how do i actually browse my shared network files? Is there some kind of program for that?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by docnas View Post
    I have setup my VPN and it gets connected ,now my question is how do i actually browse my shared network files? Is there some kind of program for that?
    If it worked correctly, you should be able to browse company websites by entering the IP addresses. If you want to browse for files, you will have to remote desktop in, or have an app for file browsing.

I have managed to connect, but cant seem to get a valid IP from the server and have no access to company resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil1995 View Post
    Let me rephrase the question.

Has anyone gotten the Cisco VPN to work correctly, using a secureID token for login?
    I am trying to connect to my company's vpn via vpnc connection. I am also using passphrase (secureid + pin). I get the following error. connection error - connection failure: no response from the vpn server. I can connect to vpn on my laptop just fine. So not sure what is going on. Please help. Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I am trying to connect to my company's vpn via vpnc connection. I am also using passphrase (secureid + pin). I get the following error. connection error - connection failure: no response from the vpn server. I can connect to vpn on my laptop just fine. So not sure what is going on. Please help. Thanks.
    I get similar error on my ipad2 as well using ipsec vpn profile. Not sure what is going on.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123