Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    VPN works great with my company's VPNc = same as it did for metadoctored webos 2.1 (pre+). Can't get citrix yet to work with any production systems
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    So far no joy for me and VPN connectivity to my office. We use a simple L2TP/PPTP VPN through our ISP and the VPNC client on the TouchPad doesn't allow me to connect to this type of VPN. [However, my iPad is able to connect just fine...:-(]
    Hmm. I've had a VPN setup on 2 ipads and many computers but never had any of them ask for the 2 things my TouchPad is demanding.

Group ID and Group Secret. No clue what to put there.
    try ciscoanyconnect instead of vpnc as choice
    Our certificate is expired. The Ciscoanyconnect is sticking on that. Hopefully they'll patch it soon so that becomes a non-issue.
    I am able to connect to my company's Cisco AnyConnect VPN but I cannot get our Cisco Clean Acccess agent to run because it needs JAVA
    Anyone a Xerox employee taking advantage of this??
    Just a follow-up - I was able to connect to the VPN but was not able to access resources by their fully-qualified domain names. I checked my company's vpnc settings and they recommended NAT-T for NAT traversal instead of Cisco-UDP. (always) and (auto-detect) both worked.

If you find that you can connect to the VPN but can't access any resources, try changing the NAT Traversal option to NAT-T (auto-detect).
    So anyone been able to connect to a pptp vpn on the TouchPad? I have server address, username, password, and L2TP key, and no matter what it won't work.

Android phone, Win7 laptop, ipad all connect no issues.

Any ideas?
    OK,

So it seems the TouchPad's VPN support is targeted at and limited by Cisco.

VPNc I believe is this: vpnc - client for cisco vpn concentrator
    Cisco AnyConnect is this: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client - Products & Services - Cisco Systems

Neither support PPTP, L2TP or OpenVPN from what I can see - just Cisco specific VPN concentrators.

Anyone got any more info?

Regards,
    Shane.
    I've been trying to get it to connect to my sonicwall without success.
    Quote Originally Posted by obwielnls View Post
    I've been trying to get it to connect to my sonicwall without success.
    I'm also having this issue (SOnicWall) -- Does the touchpad not yet support L2TP as the iPad does?
    I am also having issues. Has anyone been able to get pptp or l2tp to work?
    How would one go about using VPN to bypass the geo restrictions of netflix, hulu and other such sites on the TouchPad?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    HP's network is not even compatable with the VPNC on the touchpad. It is also PPTP, go figure. I am sure this will be fixed sometime since employees can't even use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanelord View Post
    OK,

So it seems the TouchPad's VPN support is targeted at and limited by Cisco.

VPNc I believe is this: vpnc - client for cisco vpn concentrator
    Cisco AnyConnect is this: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client - Products & Services - Cisco Systems

Neither support PPTP, L2TP or OpenVPN from what I can see - just Cisco specific VPN concentrators.

Anyone got any more info?

Regards,
    Shane.

PPTP: HP uses PPTP themselves. They have already developed an "Alpha" PPTP App that they are testing Internally for HP Employees. I sure it will not take to long for this functionality to make its way into WebOS once the knowledge learned has been applied. (Don't Ask, Can't Tell)

OpenVPN can be installed via Preware.

If you have other VPN demands, then let HP know. WebOS is a Masterpiece in the making, but it will take time.
    Devices

-WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
    Thanks for the heads up on openVPN -- I will try it, but it looks like there is no GUI for touchpad (preVPNc?). I could survive without a GUI to connect, but i'm doubtful my wife could.

Any suggestions?
    HP has uploaded a PPTP VPN app. It's in their App Catalog and it's free.

I tried it on two of my Microsoft Windows Servers and it works great!
    What's it called? When I search the app catalog, I can't find anything.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjabram View Post
    I can connect to my VPN using VPNC and my company's Cisco settings. Only issue is that I use a SecurID token and my password is comprised of my passphrase + the six-digit random number. webOS wants to save my password instead of asking me every time I connect.

A preferred way would be to allow users to enter their password every time instead of storing it.

I get my company's default message when I log in, so I know I'm connecting, but at the moment I can't connect to any internal resources. Still looking into that aspect.
    I have the same issue. I can manually enter the SecureID and password and connect. However, once I do connect, I cant access any resources.

Did you ever have any luck with this?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast