1.    #1  
    I just tried out using the Pogoplug website to stream videos to the TouchPad and it works pretty well. It streams quite a few formats, including *.ts, *.mpg, *.avi, etc. without having to go through using handbrake or any conversion at all. Pogoplug is a cloud type service using personal computer space rather than offsite storage.

The Pogoplug App is pretty crappy on my Pre2 and the website won't work (on the Pre2). But on the Touchpad, the website will play the files just fine.

I've found that the HD files (6gb+) will stall unless I give the encoder time to get ahead of playing the file. But otherwise it's helpful until something better comes out.

At least it's a workaround for me until KalemSoft comes up with a Touchpad compatible version (which I very much hope is in the works!)

I can't figure out why exactly, but I can't play music or even download music through the site.
    I just found a webOS 1.0 app for PogoPlug online, but don't see it in the HP App Catalog. Does anyone know if there is a TP compatible PogoPlug app? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieLenny View Post
    I just found a webOS 1.0 app for PogoPlug online, but don't see it in the HP App Catalog. Does anyone know if there is a TP compatible PogoPlug app? Thanks.
    I think you're stuck right now going through your browser for now. I honestly don't see them making an app for the touchpad in the near future.
    Bummer (but not unexpected). I'm new to webOS, so this may be a dumb question, but won't webOS 3 run something for webOS 1 if I could find it to install?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieLenny View Post
    Bummer (but not unexpected). I'm new to webOS, so this may be a dumb question, but won't webOS 3 run something for webOS 1 if I could find it to install?
    Well the OP stated that there was a pogo app for the pre that he tried and it was pretty bad. I guess you can pm him and see if you can get your hands on the ipk file if you can't find it in the app catalog anywhere.
    I really was hoping for a pogoplug app for my touchpad I wasn't very happy with the app for my pre but it seemed people with android and iphone were having trouble too. What I do now is go to the pogoplug website on my touchpad, download what I want to watch then open up kalemsoft and watch it that way. Not the slickest way to do things but it works.
    "After experiencing a lot of similar frustrations as others on here, I finally found a solution that works for me to stream videos to my" HP Touchpad. "I don't transcode using the Pogoplug software, as that takes for ever. I optimize videos using" Video Redo TV suite "video conversion software, and it's much faster. Then I transfer those videos into my Pogoplug directory through Windows, which again is much faster than going through the Pogoplug software."

I use the Pogoplug website to dismount the drives from my Pogoplug. Press the eject icon. Then mount the drive on your Windows machine and copy the video mp4 file(s) over to it. Safely eject from Windows and then remount on your Pogoplug.

Go to Settings by Sign out. Select Media Settings. Make sure the dropdown menu is set to the drive you want. "I do have sharing with the XBox / PS3 Enable, and under the transcode section," Never is selected. Return to Library by Sign out. "when I go to watch the video on my" HP Touchpad by selecting the pogoplug websites dropdown arrow's download "and the video" launches our native player automatically and "loads in about 10 seconds over the" local 100mb network "connection I am using. When I try access outside my network on my .80MB DSL upload speed it stutters badly.

"I'm now able to watch videos on my" HP Touchpad "without problems, and I can also jump to anypoint in the video without issues. Hopefully this helps some people out there."

I use a similiar trick with google reader to play mp4 video podcast with the native player. The native player looks great with the podcasts and all the transcoded mp4 files I have thrown at it (1st generation ipodtouch, android nookcolor, and now HP Touchpad mp4's). It is great to have the native player streaming files. My last one was a 3.2GB from Video Redo TVSuite using the ipad/iphone4 format of the Good, Bad, and Ugly 13GB ts file. The ipodtouch and nookcolor transcodes are around .8GB.

The unquoted are my additions to the quoted parts from

What Worked For Me - Video Playback on Android Smartphone: Pogoplugged
    Last edited by lschroeder1947; 10/02/2011 at 04:17 AM.
    I've been playing with the b0-1 pink pogoplug I just got and can't get music to play through the Touchpad web browser nor can I even download it. Films won't download either. It pretends it will download and then nada. Only one movie played, a 4 minute long mp4 that the plug spent 60 min transcoding. Really?? I am sad that the reality of the plug Is so far from the hype.

Yes, I've let the plug index all files, checked and unchecked various options, googled, etc. I give up. It does stream to the ps3. But it's useless for the Touchpad. I wish I could try the pre app but the app catalog won't let me download it.
    Last edited by d0ida; 12/01/2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: clarity
    I don't understand what PogoPlug has done. When I first bought this touchpad, I could stream videos off of it no problem. With their latest upgrades, I can't do it any more. VERY frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical View Post
    I don't understand what PogoPlug has done. When I first bought this touchpad, I could stream videos off of it no problem. With their latest upgrades, I can't do it any more. VERY frustrating.
    Works for me with 3.04, my user agent is identified as firefox ubuntu (for the patch, see http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3260599).
    My guess is pogoplug.com is only recognizing certain browsers (safari, firefox, internet explorer, not sure if chrome is supported).

I can press download in the browser and the stock player opens and plays with control bar enabled (fastforward etc). If I just try to play it in the browser, it does play but no controls (fast forward etc) come up.

edit: will also work with the hulu patch. Both patches break the app catalog so remember to copy down the uninstall instructions.

Shared a link to myself and even though I had the patches installed, I got a warning that Pogoplug does not support this browser. Could not download this way either, making it hard to share links with other Touchpad owners, too bad.
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/07/2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Browser now working on 3.05 without needing to change user agent.

Can stream with premium software license via internet although I'm the only one that can stream my own vids (collaborators and people I share links with can stream music but not video).