Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ariker01
  1.    #1  
    IT does work!! I simply took the drivers located at
    C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom and choose those for the touchpad novacom device and BAM! it worked so hope this helps others!
    Don't forget that you have to envoke dev mode
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Install glass effect. Its makes your touchpad look beautiful!
    LordSecksie likes this.
    I had a problem when connecting, but instead of chosing just charge I hit cancel and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    I had a problem when connecting, but instead of chosing just charge I hit cancel and it worked.
    Yep, Cancel is the same thing as Just Charge. For some reason HP decided to replace the words "Just Charge" with "Cancel" on webOS 3.0. Who knows why...
    I installed Preware on my TouchPad on my computer just fine. Now I'm trying to install it on my husband's TouchPad and it won't work. First I got his connected and Preware was nowhere to be found, just not in the list anymore. Now I can't get Quick Install to work at all either on my computer or on his. It just seems locked up and the globe button doesn't do anything. I tried to use another method but am too ignorant to know what they're talking about on the WebOS Internals wiki, so gave up. I've tried over and over to redownload Quick Install and see if it will work, but it does the same. I've spent the past 5 hours on this and am VERY FRUSTRATED! Can someone please tell me what to do? Thanks.
    Make sure that there is no Password on the Developer Mode (webos20090606) If you have applied a password one way to remove it to preform a full erase. You will have to apply all of your account settings when the Touchpad restarts. Good luck.
    I did do a password on my husband's because it wouldn't let me go any further without doing that. When I did mine it did let me go in without a password, but not on his. If I do a full erase, will all his apps he's downloaded and his contacts and accounts come through by syncing his profile again?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemypreplus View Post
    I did do a password on my husband's because it wouldn't let me go any further without doing that. When I did mine it did let me go in without a password, but not on his. If I do a full erase, will all his apps he's downloaded and his contacts and accounts come through by syncing his profile again?
    The answer to your question is yes. However, before doing a full erase, please perform a backup. I don't have my TP with me right now, but I think the Backup app is in the Settings page of the Launcher. Just tap Backup and then there should be an option in there to manually perform a backup. Do that. Then do a full erase.

After you sign back in with your webOS Account the TP will download all the apps. You will, of course, need to re-login to your Facebook/Gmail/Yahoo/whatever...the backup won't remember those accounts' credentials, it just remembers you had those accounts connected to your TP. Once you sign back into those accounts, your Contacts will resync and you should be good to go fairly quickly.
    Last edited by speedtouch; 07/24/2011 at 10:14 PM.
    It worked to start from scratch again. I think my husband had tried to install Preware some other way and had entered a password, so when I went in, it required a password. After wiping it and reinstalling his profile, it gave me the option of submitting without a password, and all went smoothly! Thanks so much for the tip!
    Congrats!
    Thanks for the tip re the pw on dev mode .. Once I reset the TP got it to work fine Thanks all
    When I first connected my touchpad to my pc I saw a "unable to install device drivers message" and now I can't get quickinstall to recognize the device.
    I'm having the same issue with quickinstall not recongnizing the device.

Any sugestions?