Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Should memos sync between my pre and touchpad? Calendars sync fine but memos don't. When I set up the TP, all of my memos came over with my profile.
    idk about 2.x but it does not sync back to my sprint pre minus.

tapnote is an awesome alternative, though. it auto-syncs to your dropbox account and to multiple devices. my notes in tapnote keeps my pre minus and touchpad in sync.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    its weird when I synced it the last date it showed it had been backed up was on the 20th, even though its supposed to happen every night.
    on the bright side you easily email them to yourself and copy and paste...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    So..I'm trying to figure out what your expected results are to understand what I am working with.

So correct me if I'm wrong.

You added your profile to the device and it pulled down all your data (contacts, calendar, and memos).

However new memo's you add to your phone do not sync over to the tablet, however calendar and contacts are.

If that is the case then you are getting expected results. Although the TouchPad and webOS Phone can share a profile no data is synchronized except during that one time setup (similar to how that DTA worked with moving data from your computer to the device). Subsequent data would need to be added to both places except for when you use an online account such as Google for the data which is what I'm assuming you are using for calendar and contacts.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    So..I'm trying to figure out what your expected results are to understand what I am working with.

So correct me if I'm wrong.

You added your profile to the device and it pulled down all your data (contacts, calendar, and memos).

However new memo's you add to your phone do not sync over to the tablet, however calendar and contacts are.

If that is the case then you are getting expected results. Although the TouchPad and webOS Phone can share a profile no data is synchronized except during that one time setup (similar to how that DTA worked with moving data from your computer to the device). Subsequent data would need to be added to both places except for when you use an online account such as Google for the data which is what I'm assuming you are using for calendar and contacts.
    Seriously? That expected behavior seems like a very bad one by design. Why wouldn't any normal users expect to see data shared between different devices using the same profile? I'm going to be putting a feature request/feedback to the webOS team and suggest that others do the same. After all the talk from HPalm about how the future is about data living in the cloud and being device-agnostic, I can't believe what I am reading here.

The link to HPalm's feedback page is Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I ended up putting pondnotes on both phones. It syncs to the cloud and is awesome!
    When I setup my TP all my phone apps download (great) but my contacts and memos did not Quite sad about that, and I am guessing that now I have it setup I am screwed!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, you must change your default profile to ure gmail or yahoo account. For some some reason when you default to the palm profile things stay local =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!