1.    #1  
    Is anyone else experiencing slow scrolling in the contact application? I noticed this similar thread in the "Palm Pre and Pre Plus" forum, but it seems that was related to the hardware. I'm having trouble scrolling and managing the linked profiles of my contact list (500+ with 7-8 different accounts).
    I too have noticed a lot of lag in the contact app.
    seems okay to me... If I'm flicking there is a little hesitation but a continuous scroll, there is not...
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing slow scrolling in the contact application? I noticed this similar thread in the "Palm Pre and Pre Plus" forum, but it seems that was related to the hardware. I'm having trouble scrolling and managing the linked profiles of my contact list (500+ with 7-8 different accounts).
    that's a lot of contacts with lots of accounts
    no doubt it causes some synergy strain on the device
    Does it bog down over time or just after a fresh restart?

And not to take any problem you may be experiencing lightly...but why not just use Just Type. Especially when working with that many contacts I believe that using just type will serve you much better purpose and an overall great user experience.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Does it bog down over time or just after a fresh restart?

And not to take any problem you may be experiencing lightly...but why not just use Just Type. Especially when working with that many contacts I believe that using just type will serve you much better purpose and an overall great user experience.
    It's pretty much bogged down whenever I try to use it, whether it is after a fresh restart or after using it for a long time. I think that Synergy is trying to make sense of all the accounts and contacts. I noticed the slowdown in consolidating the contacts in the Messaging app too (contacts would display from multiple profiles until being consolidated into the synergized contact).

I would normally just use Just Type. However, Synergy doesn't exactly get my contacts synergized correctly so I need to scroll through the list to find contacts that I need to link manually. It's a time-consuming process, which I typically do just once. However, if I need to doctor the device or hard-reset it, I'd have to do it all again. These are the times I wish I could do the synergizing on a desktop.
    have you let it sit open for a while so it can store a cache (if it does) then let it do its thing.... Could be one of the services is bogging it down. What are you using?
    Gmail, exchange? This can cause slowness if you have it automatically connecting and trying to display all instead of just searching
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    have you let it sit open for a while so it can store a cache (if it does) then let it do its thing.... Could be one of the services is bogging it down. What are you using?
    Gmail, exchange? This can cause slowness if you have it automatically connecting and trying to display all instead of just searching
    That's a great suggestion. I'll let it sit for a while and see if the scrolling gets better. If that works, I'll also try and see what happens when I link/unlink a profile. I suspect that it is rebuilding the cache every time I link or unlink, which causes it to continually be slow as I go through it and link multiple contacts together. I can usually scroll to "C" easily and then everything slows down.

As for what I'm using, I have: Facebook, Google, HP webOS Account, LinkedIn, Skype, 2 Exchange accounts, and Yahoo. The largest number of contacts are coming from Facebook.

One other thing I noticed is that Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn don't consistently sort First Name and Last Name correctly. So sometimes the contact will show up in "C" if the first name starts with "C" and sometimes the contact will show up if the last name starts with "C".
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    They really need to do something about contacts. The is no way to skip around. I don't know why they have to have such a big image for contacts. I want to see more contact. The irony is that I went and put a bunch of contacts into favorites -- just to find that the favorites view has even bigger images and fewer contacts per page.

I realize that you generally just type to find a contact, but there are other use cases like selecting favorites where being able to browse and skip around could be whole lot better.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT