Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Can Microsoft Skydrive or Office Live online be used to edit, store and share Microsoft Office documents, or is the editing function not available on the Touchpad?

Office editing is a key feature for me, but I could work for now with the online versions of MS office.

Thanks for your answers.
    What I heard face-to-face from several HP reps last week was that Quick Office is currently able to edit docs and spreadsheets (not powerpoints yet) that are sent to a person but is not able to create docs. The reps seemed sure of themselves and yet the TouchPad has debuted without editing capability so I'm wondering if the reps were using an updated version of the software that is not yet distributed (and they did not realize this version of the software would not yet be on the launch TouchPads). We heard editing would come "soon" so this interpretation makes sense to me.
    Of course all will be revealed in the next month when the OTA updates come.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcheiron View Post
    Can Microsoft Skydrive or Office Live online be used to edit, store and share Microsoft Office documents, or is the editing function not available on the Touchpad?

Office editing is a key feature for me, but I could work for now with the online versions of MS office.

Thanks for your answers.
    i tried this earlier today and MS's site wouldn't let me edit because i didn't have MS explorer or firefox. Boo.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gzinkl View Post
    i tried this earlier today and MS's site wouldn't let me edit because i didn't have MS explorer or firefox. Boo.
    That's what I feared. The same thing happens on my Pre-. Well, thanks for trying. I hope that Quickoffice will be improved soon.
    Is there any patch in preware that will spoof the browser being reported to get around this limitation?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I used ms office 365 and some features worked while others did not.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts