Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    is anybody running the Citrix client on their touchpads? This is the killer app for me and would like some feedback on how it performs
    thanks
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRangerMan View Post
    is anybody running the Citrix client on their touchpads? This is the killer app for me and would like some feedback on how it performs
    thanks
    me too = i didn't see it on teh demo unit so it must be available (i hope) in app catalog.
  3. #3  
    It's in the App Catalog. It doesn't work with my office's authentication method (an RSA authentication screen), or at least, I haven't figured out how to make it work. However, there is a Demo option that will let you connect to one of Citrix's servers to test it.

    I'll play with that some and report back.
  4. #4  
    There is an app in the catalog titled "Citrix Receiver for WebOS Tech Preview". I just installed it, and created a demo account. It connected to their demo environment and I was able to remotely edit an Excel 2010 Spreadsheet.

    I did notice one thing that might be a hassle - the keyboard doesn't pop up automatically when you focus on a text field - you have to click on the upper left menu and choose "Show Keyboard".

    Also, it prompts for credentials, so this doesn't appear to be a demo only app, but I didn't have a "real" Citrix farm to log in to.
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRangerMan View Post
    is anybody running the Citrix client on their touchpads? This is the killer app for me and would like some feedback on how it performs
    thanks
    Well I got my pad on Friday afternoon but I fully intend to test this on our Citrix farm on Tuesday. ;-)
  6. axthereo's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3002600 View Post
    There is an app in the catalog titled "Citrix Receiver for WebOS Tech Preview". I just installed it, and created a demo account. It connected to their demo environment and I was able to remotely edit an Excel 2010 Spreadsheet.

    I did notice one thing that might be a hassle - the keyboard doesn't pop up automatically when you focus on a text field - you have to click on the upper left menu and choose "Show Keyboard".

    Also, it prompts for credentials, so this doesn't appear to be a demo only app, but I didn't have a "real" Citrix farm to log in to.

    It's the same for the iPAD if you are wondering. When you're in a field, the keyboard does not automatically open.
  7. axthereo's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #8  
    Here's the technical preview docs for Citrix for WebOS.
    Not sure what you are using:

    Click on link below:
    Citrix Product Documentation Library

    Doesn't say much... but it'll at least give you an idea what is required.
  8. Samsara's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #9  
    Seriously? It simply can't do SSL? Thanks for that error message instead of clearly stating the client is crippled like no other.
  9. #10  
    can anyone confirm they were able to login to a real citrix farm....tried several ones for me and other family members....I dont think its working yet....errors out
  10. #11  
    i cannot log in to my hospital's citrix using iPad settings my IT uses... this makes me very sad.

    any suggestions?

    when i tap on Try Demo, what email do i have to put in there?
  11. Samsara's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #12  
    No respectable Citrix farm is going to work with this "tech preview"; it doesn't support encryption. Unless your IT dept has a compatible VPN and allows unencrypted connections internally, you don't have Citrix on your TouchPad.
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    No respectable Citrix farm is going to work with this "tech preview"; it doesn't support encryption. Unless your IT dept has a compatible VPN and allows unencrypted connections internally, you don't have Citrix on your TouchPad.
    ah that explains it = thanks!
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    No respectable Citrix farm is going to work with this "tech preview"; it doesn't support encryption. Unless your IT dept has a compatible VPN and allows unencrypted connections internally, you don't have Citrix on your TouchPad.
    that really sucks.. another half-app
  14. vladi's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    #15  
    I might be wrong on this but I think Citrix offers Express edition which allows you to virtualize up to four desktop PCs for free. Go take a look on their website and find it, it should be called something like XD5Express.

    If you want little personal setup and have your machine always available to you this is a way to go.
  15. #16  
    I have been able to connect to the Citrix servers at my University (Purdue) with no issues. And I have been running some intensive computational applications since.

    It works great for the most part. It can just be a little inconvenient to access the keyboard through the application menu. I wish there was gesture for showing the keyboard.
  16. #17  
    The greatest thing about this Citrix Viewer is that it is running on webOS and takes full advantage of it. The remote applications run in their own card, so you can have multiple ones running on the Touchpad like native/local apps.

    For this single reason, this is by far the most efficient Citrix client on a mobile/tablet PC. By that, I mean that it even compares favorably with tablets running Windows.
    Last edited by DumbPreCommenter; 07/07/2011 at 05:30 PM.
    pastorich1 and cobrakon like this.
  17. #18  
    Here are some screen shots...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. #19  
    I am able to login but every time I try to open an application I get an SSL error 6.
  19. #20  
    Can't find the app in the App Catalog. Maybe not available anymore or not available outside the US.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions